To The Girl Struggling To Get The Perfect Spring Break Body

Not everyone is going to look like the models we see all over the media, so why do we try so hard to be just like them?

24
vimeo.com

To the Girl Wishing She had the Perfect Spring Break Body,

I’m here to tell you that as long as you keep wishing, and keep following society’s demands for beauty, you will never have the perfect spring break body, or any perfect vacation body for that matter. Our society is constantly evolving in every aspect, especially beauty. There are new standards for beauty popping up every day. Remember when everyone wanted a thigh gap? But guys liked a “thick” girl so we had to have some meat, but skinny legs to achieve the perfect body…Remember when the Kylie Jenner lip challenge was a thing? No one needs to force their lips to look like that, your face is beautiful. If you want to wear makeup, do it, but there is no need for you to try to make such a drastic change to your face in such a dangerous way just to impress some people you might meet on a vacation one time. Ever heard of the bikini bridge challenge? I hope not because that’s another ridiculous body standard that some girls will NEVER be able to achieve strictly based on genetics and the way that their body is built. These trends that go around are super popular for a few months and then move on to the next thing.

You don’t need to worry about having the perfect body. As long as you are healthy, or making moves to become healthy, then you will get your perfect body. It might not be exactly what the current standards of beauty are reflecting, but that doesn’t matter. At some point your body will be or has been the “perfect body,” but that time has come and gone, or will come and go. It will leave you in the dust, and as long as you are sitting there following all the trends you will let life pass you by and you won’t reach your full potential. Be healthy, and work your perfect body for your sake, not for the sake of society, and not for the sake of going on vacation and looking good. It doesn’t matter how skinny you are or aren’t; that does not define your Spring Break. It’s all about who you are with and what you are doing. Take this break to have a good time with your friends or relax at home, try not to worry so much about how others perceive you.