What Having A Girl Squad Really Means

What Having A Girl Squad Really Means

It's not like Taylor Swift's Squad, but it's better

3279
What Having A Girl Squad Really Means
Kenzie Dicken

Ever since the appearance of Taylor Swift's girl gang in 2015, the world has been abuzz with the importance of having strong female friendships in your life. What was once seen as a toxic group of women competing, is now seen as an essential survival tactic. The importance of having women in your life that support you and understand you is beyond important. Having people you can always text about bra or "bruh" issues will always be essential. But, what exactly is the purpose of a girl group?

1. Support

The first and foremost essential part of a girl group is supporting one another. All of the natural competitive instincts are taken away for a climate of acceptance and love.

2. Someone to do fun things with

Having a group of girls to hit up with a "what are you doing text?" is essential to college survival.

3. Beauty Tips

Look, one of the girls in my squad is a flawless MUA who literally runs circles around everyone with a foundation brush. I look like a baby applying lipstick for the first time. Everyone has their place. I just wish that I had the natural talents of the MUA....

4. Cry Sessions

I have had my fair share of guy trouble recently. But, my girls are there. And I am there for them when ex-boyfriends decide to not take a hint and keep showing up. I can openly cry in front of my squad and that is more valuable than words honestly.

5. Someone to binge watch television with

I recently convinced the squad to watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend with Me on Netflix and now I finally have someone to text about my constant frustrations with this show (My evil plan is complete!!!).

6. Someone to indulge in healthy (and unhealthy) behaviors with

There was one night where we worked out for five hours and then went to my apartment and ordered a crazy amount of pizza and watched Legally Blonde together. Life is all about balance and having friends to balance with never goes out of style.

7. An extra pair of eyes

When your girl hits you up with "Have you see these salt and pepper shakers anywhere?" at 5 am with a picture from Gilmore Girls, you drop everything and immediately start googling. Because you know that she would do the same for you. I cannot emphasize the importance of a judgment free zone is in this instance.

8. Other women who accept you for who you are

Having a group of friends that cheer you on when you fart in the middle of a yoga class are the best kind of friends. But then, if they give you crap about it for months after, that squad is inevitably going to exist for life. It's science.

9. Someone to visit during long summer breaks and travel buddies

When your summer seems to go on endlessly, just remember, you'll be hitting up your homies in San Francisco soon enough. Have no fear, the Bay Area is near.

10. Magic

Look, it doesn't make sense to normal people who do not have a squad, but there is something simply magical about constantly having a group of girls that supports you. It truly is magical and an essential part of any woman's survival. These friendships are natural and everlasting. Do not ever take them for granted but know that they certainly exist for a reason.

From Your Site Articles