'Girl Meets World' Is Very Important And Here's Why

When news started circling of this show getting canceled, fans started sharing their love for it immediately!

903
eonline

This show, just like "Boy Meets World", teaches life lessons with every episode that airs! In my opinion, "Girl Meets World", debuting June 2014, is the only show on Disney Channel currently that teaches it's viewers so many things that mean so much to so many viewers. This show brings viewers of all ages because it is the spinoff of the favorite 90s ABC Family (Freeform) show. This show makes me laugh, cry, and learn all in one episode.

Just like his neighbor and teacher, Cory Matthews, grew up to be a History Teacher in New York City - at his daughter's middle school, John Quincy Adams Middle School. Also, his lessons contain real life lessons, because they are just as important. By the end of Season 2, the girls and their friends are graduating middle school, and sign a petition to get Cory to move up to high school with them. The petition is complete so Cory is going back to high school to teach History - Abigail Adams High School.

On July 16th, is when tweets first surfaced about the fate of Girl Meets World having a fourth season or not. This unanswered question immediately sent fans into a sharing of life lessons, this show as taught up until a little ways into Season 3. I am sharing what I have learned because I think this show deserves to have many more amazing seasons in the coming years.

Here are life lessons, "Girl Meets World" has taught me:

1. Always be yourself.

Each character faced this lesson in some way, throughout the show. Farkle and Riley started to act different in 'Girl Meets Yearbook' because of how their classmates saw them. So in a way to get Riley and Farkle back, Maya tries to act like Riley. Lucas struggled with his past way of handling situations, back in Texas, he had a bad temper, and his friends found out about it and still care about him.

2. Growing up is scary, and we all handle it differently.

'Girl Meets Bay Window', one of the most emotional episode of the series. The lesson is change and growing up, one that is handled differently by everyone. Riley wants to redecorate the bay window and her room since they are starting high school, Maya and the guys - don't agree.

3. We ALL have flaws and that is OKAY.

Don't be so quick to judge because everyone has flaws.

4. Family doesn't mean blood.

Your best friend become like your sibling and that is the best kind of relationship.

5. We are all a work in progress.

When Maya failed her History test, she thought she wasn't worth working on, but we all deserve to be loved and helped to improve.

6. Once we put down our phones, then we will see what real conversation really is.

Season 1, Episode 2 - Cory taught the class about conversations and finding information without using smartphones, cell phones, or the internet. He taught them how to feel outside of emoticons.

7. Love can happen at any age.

A lot has happened since Shawn and Katy sang Happy Birthday to Maya in Season 1, Episode 18. Shawn and Katy both had failed relationships, but somehow they found love and happiness in each other.

8. Don't forget about your sibling when you have a best friend.

Auggie felt left out because Riley spends so much time with Maya.

9. Bullying is hurtful and you need to tell someone it is happening.

Riley was getting sent horrible texts from a bully and she kept it from everyone for 3 weeks. Once she told Maya about it, she knew she could be herself again, no matter what anyone said to her.

10. Hope is possible.

Riley is the best part of Maya, the ray of sunshine, that keeps her believing in hope. They complete each other.

11. Friendship is about supporting each other.

In the midst of the middle school class president elections, Riley and Maya were up against Farkle and Lucas - this almost ended their friendship. But, Maya and Riley had a surprise on the day of elections. Lucas was missing his friends in Texas, so Maya got his friends to send in a DVD of them saying hi and great stuff about their buddy Lucas. They cared enough about their new friend, to show him.

12. Forgiveness isn't always easy.

Forgiveness Project - an emotional roller coaster for Maya - she chose to forgive the dad that walked out on her and her mom. She talked to him but couldn't bring herself to forgive her dad, so she thought she had failed the assignment - Cory: " That kind of forgiveness isn't always easy. But, did you forgive yourself, Maya."

This series deserves many more seasons, and this is only 12 of many life lessons, "Girl Meets World", has taught me since it aired in June 2014.