10 Reasons Why "Boy Meets World" Is My Favorite Sitcom

Well, at least from the 90's.

63
globe

I specifically watching all of the reruns of "Boy Meets World" in middle school. Two would be played each morning and I never really seemed to get enough of them. I eventually set out to buy all of the seasons and binged watched every season in one summer. That was the first T.V. show that I had ever binge-watched. With Disney Plus, I plan on going back and rewatching them all just to reminisce about my and Cory's childhood. You should too!

The Theme Song

media.giphy.com

I'll admit, as the seasons progress the theme song gets better. However, they all check the marks in 90's sitcom theme songs. With an upbeat instrumental song and friends that are all smiling and enjoying their lives, how much better could it get?

Cory Matthews

media.giphy.com

Cory is the main character in the show. He is charismatic and so badly wants to become an adult. As he grows older, he realizes that life isn't as easy as it seems to be and meets some great people along the way.

Shawn Hunter

media.giphy.com

Shawn is Cory's best friend and always seems to be there for him no matter what. He too learns valuable lessons about life and really comes into his own as the show progresses.

Topanga Lawerence

media.giphy.com

She is really weird in the first season, but slowly becomes friends with both Cory and Shawn. She even becomes Cory's love interest.

Eric Matthews

media.giphy.com

Cory's older, comedic brother. Eric is probably my favorite character from the show because he reminds me of Joey from "Friends." He might not seem serious, but offers some serious life advice to Cory throughout the show.

Mr. Feeny

media.giphy.com

Mr. Feeny. What's not to love about him? He basically watched Cory, Shawn, and Topanga grow up. He even shows up in "Girl Meets World." He was blunt, but also still cared about them. He reminds me of a few teachers that I had in middle and high school.

The Life Lessons

media.giphy.com

Yeah, life is tough. That's the entire point of the show. Cory and his friends face challenges along the way and have to learn how to deal with them. Even if it is getting detention on a Friday when you really should be watching the Phillies.

Growing Up

media.giphy.com

"Boy Meets World" shows how an 11 year-old Cory grows into his own and discovers life for himself. He goes from thinking that Topanga is weird to marrying her. He came full circle and matured.

The Humor

media.giphy.com

The humor is impeccable. Life lessons can be tough to learn, but when humor is involved, who can't laugh.

The Spin-Off

media.giphy.com

Yes, Cory and Topanga marry each other and have children. Disney Channel decided to give the show a reboot. "Girl Meets World" is all about how Cory's daughter comes of age and includes characters from the original. It's cute, but not as good as "Boy Meets World."