Gifts For The Ungiftable

Gifts For The Ungiftable

They won't re-gift these.

454
Gifts For The Ungiftable

We all have them: someone we love dearly but cannot figure out what possibly to buy them for a present! Whether they're the person who has everything, or the minimalist who needs and wants nothing, its impossible to find something that you aren't worried they'll secretly return, or re-gift (hey, we've all done it). I consider myself an awesome gift-giver and I'm here to help!

Make it Personal!

If you know this person really well, you probably know some details about their life, their honest likes, dislikes, and pet peeves. You should at least know their name, or monogram, so this leaves room for some really cool personalized gifts! Etsy is your friend in this department, since you can get anything personalized in every color of the rainbow. It doesn't just stop with monograms, as you can get virtually any sports team logo, or even your favorite cartoon character embroidered onto something. Or if you are challenged in the DIY department, you can get something that at least looks handmade and heartfelt. Your hard to gift dad won't even know that the Packers logo you ironed on to that really cool hat wasn't hand-stitched by you, right? And we'll let your girlfriend believe that you engraved the longitude and latitude coordinates of the place you met onto that bracelet with your own elbow grease.

In a Pinch: DIY

If you aren't able to spend a fortune, or are super crafty, DIY is sometimes the route to go. Especially if you're handy with a needle, some paint, or have advanced woodworking skills. If you don't, DIY gifts actually aren't that hard! With the right materials, colors, and tricks, it's all just simple gluing and painting. And remember, if its last minute, or you're super DIY challenged, you can always just arrange something tastefully in a mason jar. Get a really big one, throw all of their favorite snacks and odds and ends inside of it, slap some paint, a bow — or you know what, just leave it plain and you've got a DIY gift. Cause you know, you put those things in that jar, so you did it yourself.

Center it Around their Food or Beverege

Whether they're a coffee addict, chocolate lover, or a beer snob, if you center a gift around their favorite thing to consume, you absolutely cannot go wrong. I'd stray away from getting the actual thing they like, unless its something really special like Jamacian Blue Mountain Coffee, or Small Batch Whiskey, but a great pairing is also one of their regular favorites and something cute to go along with it. Like whiskey stones, or an adorable mini French press. Also, those giant inflatable pizza-slice rafts are actually kinda cool. We can do better than cute mugs, teapots and drink ware... can't we.

A Gag Gift they (Might) Actually Use

Gag gifts are great for a laugh when they first open it, but they usually go unused, and are a dust collector. But you also never know when they might come in handy, like maybe that rubber horse head mask will make a great last minute costume someday? Your BFF probably really needs Kim K's coffee table book of selfies too. Or maybe you just really care about them and want them to be super cozy in a full body sweater and a body pillow to act as their insignificant other. Regardless, laughter is the best medicine, right? Some gag gifts are also really utilitarian like selfie sticks, clip on cup holders, and passive aggressive post-it note sheet books. And yes, that is a Polaroid toilet paper roll; fun and functional.