cheap gift ideas college

5 Cheap Christmas Gifts For Your College Friends

Let's be real, we are all ballin on a budget.

256
https://unsplash.com/photos/vJz7tkHncFk
Ben White

If you're anything like me, you want to spoil your friends—you want to give them "all the things" for Christmas because they deserve the world. But if you're really like me, you're broke AF. If you're a college student, you get how it is; but, I found a way to cheat the system. Here are five really good Christmas gift ideas that aren't from Urban Outfitters and don't cost the same amount as your first born child.

1. CDs or playlists for their listening needs. 

media.giphy.com

I know, no one uses CDs anymore—BUT, it's different, cheap, and nostalgically adorable. Finding different CDs for their different moods or for different reasons is not only super sweet but it's also thoughtful. If your friend has no way to even play a CD, make them multiple playlists. Sharing music is a spiritual experience, tbh. It makes the perfect Christmas gift.

2. Coupons for ~fun~ times. 

media.giphy.com

I am not saying to get trapped in the disappointing "IOUs" gift fiasco. But I AM SAYING that gift coupons are dope gifts. Offer fun times and fun experiences because, to be honest, material presents are pretty overrated. Make coupons for a "spontaneous road trip," a "home-cooked meal," or even a "photoshoot for the gram, makeover included." Fun things to do with your best friends are better than gifts and the memories last forever.

3. Three words: thrift shopping, baby!

media.giphy.com

Thrift shopping is the epitome of finding the diamond in the rough. No one is denying that it can be hard to find something, but with dedication and perseverance, thrift shopping is the BEST way to shop. If you're worried about the clothes not fitting, bring your friend and pay for it at the end. If you want it to be a surprise, get them accessories—vintage jewelry is beautiful. Old styles are recycling into the now. I'm just saying, you can find the same clothes at thrift stores that you find at Urban Outfitters for less than half the price. Food for thought, baby, food for thought.

4. Let's get personal.

media.giphy.com

If they're truly your friends, they know everything about you. That being said, they know your passions, your aspirations, and your favorite things to do. So, if you give them something personal, they'll know how much it ~truly~ means. For example, try giving them your favorite book, a keychain of your favorite animal, or a ticket to your favorite museum. They'll love it because it'll remind them of you and they'll especially love how you are sharing your favorite things with them (specifically couples, this is a good tip).

5. When in doubt, get crafty. 

media.giphy.com

I can't craft if my life depended on it, but a lot of people can so craft away! It's cheap, it's creative, and it's the perfect way to save money. If you got the talent, flaunt it baby, and craft until you can't craft anymore. Check out Pinterest, they got loads of ideas.

It's hard being a broke college student with amazing friends. You want to splurge on their gifts but you also want to eat something that's not cereal.

A budget shouldn't stop you from making your friends smile during the most wonderful time of the year. Check out these five ideas that'll let your friends know you care. After all, it's the thought that counts, not the price.