11 Gifts For The Always-Anxious College Girl, And Where To Find Them

Give the perfect give of sometimes-being-less-anxious.
1007

Brought to you by your friendly 21-year-old college gal with anxiety.

1. Weighted Blanket:

$118 on Amazon.

I have a 12 lb. weighted blanket that I got as a present from my family and I can vouch that they are simply amazing. They are super comforting, like a fuzzy hug.

2. Fidget Cube:

$5 from Walmart.

Ever notice that your friend with anxiety is always bouncing their leg, tapping their pencil, drumming their fingers, twirling their hair, etc.? It is a way to get all of the pent up nervous energy out and, well, a fidget cube provides a lot of options for that.

3. Bath Bomb:

$9 from Lush.

Baths are a super relaxing way to start or end the day. This one pictured is called "Twilight" and it has a lavender essence which is an essential oil helpful for easing anxiety.

4. Reminder Bracelet:

$20 from Peas & Love.

Sometimes, all someone with anxiety needs is a little reminder, so having one with you at all times is a plus. Plus, it comes in rose gold, which is apparently super hip these days.

5. Coloring Book:

$11 from Hobby Lobby.

People with anxiety have their minds running in circles more often than not. A simple, non-thought-provoking activity is always appreciated.

6. Wallflower Plug and Scent:

$11 from Bath and Body Works.

Like I mentioned before, lavender is supposed to be quite helpful for the anxious soul. Luckily, Bath and Body Works have refills — if you want to try a new scent every month, you totally could.

7. Worry Monster:

$40 from Etsy.

One time, my therapist told me to write down what I am worried about, that way my anxiety would know I would not "forget" what I was worrying about and could maybe ease up on the circling thoughts. This adorable/scary little dude could be a solution for that.

8. Chill Pill:

$20 from Etsy.

I am going to be honest — I did not know these were a thing until researching for this article. However, now I really want one.

9. Salt Lamp:

$15 from Home Depot.

I remember my 4th-grade teacher had one of these in our classroom. I think it was beneficial for my 9-year-old-self.

10. Metallic Slime:

$10 from Etsy.

Remember when you were a kid and would play with silly putty or play-doh for hours? Yeah.

11. An Amazonite Diffuser Bracelet:

$28 from Vitality Extracts.

Amazonite on its own is helpful for stress and anxiety, but with a diffuser that can use essential oils? Damn.