5 Easy Ways To Get Your Health Back On Track This Semester

Feeling sluggish after break? It's time to get back on track to a healthy lifestyle!
113

Winter break is a great escape from the stress of school & a nice few weeks of just relaxing. But sometimes we can lose track of our fitness and health goals in the off weeks. maybe you had a routine at school which didn’t work for you over break or maybe you just took the entire month off as a vacation. Regardless, it’s a new year and it’s time to get your health back on track!

1. Don’t set unrealistic goals for yourself

Being healthy is a lifetime commitment, not a sprint to the finish line. If you’re setting goals that are unattainable, it will often lead to feelings of discouragement. Set little goals for yourself every couple of days or weeks! “This week I will run an extra 10 minutes” or “I will incorporate a new vegetable into my diet this month.” If you keep slowly adding things to your workouts & diets, it will become apart of your everyday routine.

2. Keep motivation all around you as much as you can

It’s easy to go an entire day without even having the thought to go workout. You might be busy with school, work, or extra activities. But don’t make excuses!! There is always time for a quick walk or workout. Start following fitness instagrams and blogs. This way, when you’re scrolling through your social media feeds, you will be more inspired to get up and get yourself to exercise.

3. Start caring about what you put into your body

You need to be kind to your body and fill it with the proper nutrients. Food is there to nourish your body and make you stronger. Try cutting out foods that are processed and start reading the labels on everything you eat. Cutting yourself off from junk completely is not the way to go about this either. If you want to improve your health, you need to be committed to making a lifestyle change. Diets do not work!!!!!! Fill your meals with fresh fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. If your body is full of clean foods, you will be more satisfied and less inclined to snack on junk food.

But don’t ignore your cravings! If you are really craving ice cream or some french fries, eat them! Everything is okay in moderation, but first, try to think of the healthiest alternative. There are a million healthier versions of food out there now and surprisingly they taste pretty good! If you ignore your cravings, they will just make their way back and eventually, you’ll give in and eat every bad thing in sight.

4. Ask a friend to help you!

Working out and eating healthier is way easier when you have a friend along side of you. You can use each other as motivation and help each other when one of you wants to give in. Everything is always more enjoyable with a friend!

5. Always remember, you might have your off days, but don’t let that set you back!

In the end, there isn’t one RIGHT way to workout & eat. Keep trying different things until you find what works well for you! There is no quick fix either, being healthy is a lifestyle. Recognize that you had a bad day and then make the next day better. Winter break is over and it’s a new year, no more making excuses!