Getting Over the Fear of Being Alone

Getting Over the Fear of Being Alone

The best advice I could give someone who is single and ready to mingle.

16
Getting Over the Fear of Being Alone
Pexels/Betty White

We all have been single at least once in our lives. There are some people that have been single longer than others, and then there are some that have been single for only short periods of time. Being single has it's perks don't get me wrong, but man it sure does get a little boring at times when your friends leave you for their significant others. The worst part about being single is being reminded that you are. Being put into a situations where you are third wheeling, has to be the loneliest feeling anyone could feel when they are single.

I've been told by several people that are in relationships, is to not get into one. They say, "it's not what it all seems to be," or "you don't need to be in one, right now." Then there is my favorite one, "be patient, your time will come." It's my favorite because I have no patience what so ever.

In all honesty, I can't help myself wonder what it would be like to be in a serious relationship with someone I truly care about. You will always have that person there for you when you are in need of comfort, in need of advice, or just in need of their presence. I know you can't force anything in life to happen, but I know there are people just like me that have the fear of being alone.

Being alone for the rest of your life is a little dramatic, I know, but some people actually do fear that they are going to end up dying alone, which is kinda sad. No, I don't think this will happen to me, but I do fear that I will never find someone in college.

Getting over this fear has been something I have been dealing with for quite some time. Over the past summer, I have learned that the only thing that I can control is myself. If I am in control of my actions and how I portray myself to others, then everything else will fall into place. The hardest part is letting everything fall into place and letting God guide you along the way. I struggle with this a lot.

The best advice I could give someone that is single is to keep reminding yourself that you are not the only one. There are other people in the world that are single just like you. Also, try and focus on positive things that happen in your life and don't let others influence your happiness. And the most important advice would be, it's not that serious!!!

Be yourself and Mr. Right will come knocking on your door.

Best of Luck,

Karly Jo