We've reached that point in the semester where every student is stressed, exhausted, and on the verge of a breakdown. There's nothing worse than having a ton of work to do but absolutely no energy or motivation to get it done. It's SO important to keep yourself from getting burned out. But with these tips, you can ace this semester while keeping your mental and physical health intact.
1. Start your day with some light exercise
It may seem impossible to make time to exercise when your schedule is packed, but moving your body first thing in the morning will seriously do wonders to wake you up and prepare you for a busy day. Take some time in the morning to relax, reflect, and be in tune with yourself before you head out into the world to tackle your responsibilities! Your mind and body will thank you.
2. Go to bed and wake up earlier
Your energy and productivity will soar when you have a solid sleep schedule! Even when schoolwork is piling up, try to close your laptop and get to bed early. Then, wake up earlier in the morning to get a head-start on a productive day! You'll get much more work done once you've had a good night's rest.
3. Be sure to eat healthy
The food you eat really does affect the way you function. If you want to be at your best, you have to eat well! Eating healthy will make you feel better, give you more energy, and help you make the most out of each day. Even though it can be hard to give up the classic college meals of chicken nuggets and pizza, you'll be better off later on if you start making healthy choices now.
4. Focus on your mental health, too
Sometimes, your mental health can get lost in the craziness of schoolwork and other responsibilities, but it really is the most important thing. Nothing else in your life matters as much as your personal well-being. It's so important to always put your physical and mental health before a deadline, a grade, or a project. It can be hard to prioritize your health sometimes, but in the end, you'll be glad you did!
5. Don't forget to make some "me" time
Although your studies should always come before your social engagements, you'll go crazy if you don't have some fun every once in a while. In between your classes and homework, be sure to have some "me" time. Go out with friends, watch a few episodes of your favorite show, read a few chapters of that book you've been wanting to read, or have a one-person dance party in your room! You're only young once, so don't forget to have fun!!!
- 17 Literary Quotes To Get You Through The End Of The Semester ›
- If You Need To Pop An Addy To Get Through The Semester, You're ... ›
- What I Wish I Knew As A Second Semester High-School Senior ›
- Top 5 Songs to Get You Through the Semester ›
- 13 High School Musical Songs To Guide You Through The Semester ›
- 7 Ways To Make It Through The Semester Alive ›
- 7 Essentials To Help You Make It Through The Semester ›
- 25 Ways To Get Through A College Semester ›
- 6 Back to School Tips to Get You Through The Semester | Her Campus ›
- Funny Vines on Twitter: "me trying to get through this semester http ... ›
- Five Tips to Survive Your First Semester in College | HuffPost ›
- Trying To Get Through The Semester Like... - YouTube ›
- How to Stay Motivated Mid-Semester - College Fashion ›
- How to Beat the Mid-Semester Slump | Her Campus ›
- Second Semester Motivational Tips - Fastweb ›
- 7 Tricks for Getting Through the Rest of the Semester | Her Campus ›
- 5 Realistic Tips to Get You Through Your End-of-Semester Slump ›
- Recharging: Tips on Fighting Mid-Semester Burnout - The College ... ›