25 Ways To Get Through A College Semester

Because we all know how chaotic life can get through the school year!

663
https://www.theodysseyonline.com

Attention all current college students,

We have reached the month of March for this Spring 2017 semester. For most of us, we are officially six to seven weeks in. Six to seven weeks of studying all night, cramming the completion of assignments into a four hour span, and feeling like you have lost all control of life since the semester has started. Don't stress. While that may sound easier said than done, there are plenty of ways to survive a college semester. If you are out of ideas to help you cope, here are 25 ways to get the ball rolling for you:

1. Cry it out.

There is nothing wrong with shedding a tear, or a thousand, if you are feeling stressed out. Just let it all out.

2. Go out, or stay in with your friends.

After a long week of working hard, go and have a boy's/girl's night out! If you're too tired to go out, stay in and have a wine night, and share the stories of your stressful lives together!

3. Take a day off.

It won't hurt anyone if you take one day a week to yourself to do absolutely nothing but sit around after your classes. You would not believe how stress-relieving this can be.

4. Eat your three meals everyday.

A healthy, steady diet brings on a healthy mindset to successfully complete the day.

5. Plan a biweekly date with your boyfriend/girlfriend.

Every other week take your loved one on a date. It doesn't have to always be fancy, but just something that takes the mind off of school.

6. Get a massage.

Treat yourself. After a long,stressful day...go get a massage. You will feel so replenished, and ready to take on the next day.

7. Take a mini vacation.

Rent a cheaper hotel room somewhere close, like Toronto for example. Go there for a weekend, and act like you have no obligations when you are there!

8. Spend time with your family.

While they might drive you insane sometimes, they also can be the perfect stress-relievers.

9. Binge watch Netflix.

Stay up all night for once not doing homework, but just watching your favorite television shows.

10. Take a nap.

Come home from school, and just pass out. I am sure a majority of you do this anyways.

11. Cry it out some more.

Are none of these tips working for you yet? That's okay, just cry more if you have to.

12. Play video games.

After a long day, there is nothing better than coming home to just sit in front of your television and play games that provoke no thought.

13. Get your hair and nails done.

I don't know about you, but no matter how far behind I am in school, I always feel like my life is together when my hair and nails are done.

14. Take a walk.

Who cares if it's only March, the weather has been phenomenal lately. Get outside and enjoy it.

15. Go to a bar for the night.

Hey, who said alcohol couldn't solve any life problems??

16. Clean your room/house.

If you have lost control of your school life, at least you can fool people who come over by making them THINK you're organized.

17. Actually pay attention.

Who would've thought that actually paying attention in class could lower your stress level?

18. Take another nap.

I'm sure you can find some reason as to why you deserve another nap. Literally, any possible reason.

19. Actually study.

WOW, another crazy concept. Actually studying for a class can make the semester easier for you, like what???

20. Cry some more, again.

Don't be ashamed. This may be the only thing you have control over at this point. Just let it out.

21. Retail therapy.

There's nothing wrong with spending money you don't have on shopping! Absolutely nothing wrong at all.

22. Regal movie Tuesdays.

Every Tuesday night you can go to the Regal Cinemas, and see a movie for only $5! Cheap and stress-relieving, every college student's dream.

23. Read a book.

While reading may not be for everyone, it actually can make your day go by so much faster if you find a book you truly enjoy.

24. Plan for a big vacation over the summer.

The vacation may not be something that occurs during the school year, but the thought of it coming up soon can give you the motivation you need to get through the semester successfully!

25. Finally, just keep crying.

Because if none of these points listed above have helped you, all you have left to do is cry.