8 Ways To Jumpstart Those Dreaded Monday Mornings
Wellbeing

Last month I bought a coffee maker, and it's saved me money and time in the morning.

145
Laptop, cup of coffee, and notebook

I can honestly say that I never considered myself a morning person. I would much rather sleep in and avoid my responsibilities but that is not the way to have a productive day. I recently started doing these eight things every morning and I've found that it's much easier to get up and I get more done during the day.

1. Set your alarm and plug your phone far away from your bed

This one is really easy, and it helps you get one of your hardest tasks out of the way, actually getting out of bed. Now that you're up you can begin to tackle the day instead of letting it defeat you before you're even out of bed.

2. Drink a glass of lemon water

Now I'm sure you've heard this before, but it does have a significant impact on my day. It wakes me up and is also a popular remedy for acne and dry skin.

3. Make your bed

Making your bed helps you feel like you've already accomplished something even though it's actually a small task. It also prevents you from getting back in your bed which is something I used to do all the time.

4. Brush your teeth and wash your face

Brushing your teeth and washing your face are tasks that should be done sooner rather than later. In the morning it's important to do the tasks that wake you up first, so you're ready to tackle the tasks you don't like.

5. Prepare for the day with a breathing ritual

I've read about breathing rituals before but would never have tried one until I downloaded the app "Sanity&Self," which is a free application that contains workouts and personal growth podcasts. I listen to "Embrace the New Day!" and it's only 2 minutes long, but it helps me prepare for my day.

6. Plan to be active during the day

Whether it's setting aside time to go to the gym and workout or planning to go for a walk around campus being active is very important! It's much easier to make time to be active when you pick a specific time and place to do so.

7. Make coffee at home

I used to rush out the door late every morning and end up buying an overpriced cup of coffee. Last month I bought a coffee maker, and it's saved me money and time in the morning. I ordered a Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Maker on Amazon for $34. It's inexpensive, and all you need is ground coffee and your favorite creamer.

8. Eat breakfast

It's so cliche, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you don't eat breakfast, you'll end up overeating at lunchtime, and you won't have as much energy throughout the day. When I'm in a rush, I eat a protein bar, and if I have more time, I'll make two eggs and a smoothie.