10 Ways To Escape Pre-Meet Jitters

10 Ways To Get Rid Of The Pre-Meet Jitters

Because sometimes you can't just "shake them off."

58

Everyone gets them: you get to your big meet of the season and you start bugging out over the smallest things that don't matter. Why? You got this!

Here are 10 things that I've found helpful over the years. *Spoiler* MOST HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR TEAMMATES.

1. Be confident in your training!

Yeah, you crushed it all year. For so many months you did that, so OWN IT.

2. Play your hype song!

Get out of your head and get hyped up! YOU'RE READY.

3. Find ways to relax leading up to the meet.

There's no better way to chill than to take a bubble bath.

4. Make yourself feel good!

Maybe put on some eyebrows, a lucky scrunchy or two, and feel good!

5. Prepare stuff ahead of time.

Get a checklist and do stuff early so you aren't stressed and don't forget anything. If you feel unprepared, you will think the weekend isn't going to go right.

6. Talk to the person who knows you best.

You've trained with your teammates all year. You know them best, and they know you better than you know yourself. Ask your teammates for a little pep-talk to get you in the right mindset.

7. Pre-meet rituals.

You probably won't have a schedule as dark as the Grinch's, but definitely have some kind of routine you know works!

8. Think about why you're doing it in the first place.

Whether you're going for a gold medal or a ring for the team, there's a big goal behind all the training you've been doing.

9. Remember who YOU are.

Remember who you are! You deserve this, you've worked for it! Remember what lead you here and why you are where you are.

10. Grab a teammate and dance it out!

There's no better way to shake off the stress of a big meet than dancing with my girls. Let's finish this baby, IT'S TIME.