Galentine's Day Is Important, Because Who Would You Even Be Without Your Gals?!

Yes I know it's not a real holiday created by Parks and Rec's Leslie Knope but it should be!

253

Valentine's Day has come and gone but let's talk about something that's so much more important, Galentine's Day. This day is usually celebrated the day before Valentine's Day, February 13th, but you can celebrate it whenever you can around that time.

It's a day to let go of everything for one day, and devote your time to your girlfriends. No this does not mean just "catching up," I mean doing everything you can in one day/night that you never usually have time to do before. Movies, snacking, gossip, talking politics, more grubbing, drinking, spilling tea, everything.

Invite the girls you always say you'll make time for but never get around to it, or just make it you and your bestie's date night.

This is important because these girls are the ones who have your back. Girl when you don't have a man who's around? That's right your girlfriends. They were the real ones before you had anything serious with your boo right now. They've seen not only you but your relationship too, go up and down and they helped you through all the tough times.

This is your way of thanking them that one day of the year the same way you celebrate your relationship on Valentine's day.

Crossing my fingers nothing happens to your current relationship, but if things fall apart, make sure they don't fall apart with you and your girls. Make sure to never let a man get in the way of your girls' friendship and do not make any other plans on the day of Galentine's. Us girls are always looking out for each other and out here to support one another no matter what, this is our time to give back to those who have been there through thick and thin.

Remember, ovaries before brovaries.