To My Future Little

To My Future Little

It will be a wonderful day when I can finally call you mine.

45
To My Future Little
Aldridge

Dear Future Little,

I’m so excited to meet you. I know it will still be a couple weeks before you even know who I am, but I feel like I already know you. I know that you’re nervous and unsure of your future. But I also know that you’re strong, and you’re capable. I know that you are loyal and smart. You wouldn’t be at our school if you weren’t. You wouldn’t soon be running up the front lawn of my house into the loving arms of my sisters and me.

I know that these first few months of the school year will probably be hard for you. There are a lot of adjustments you’ll need to make, habits you may need to form, and others you’ll need to break. You’ll have to learn how to juggle your school work and your social life. You’ll have to learn that you may need some alone time to recharge.

But you’ll also learn that you’re never alone. When you join our sisterhood, you’ve pledged yourself to a lifetime of love and laughter. We’ll find an abundance of things to talk about and movies to watch together. You’ll meet some of your best friends, and you’ll meet me!

From the day I received my big (she’s amazing, you’ll love her), I started wondering what you would be like. I wondered if you had decided on attending our school, or if you were still leaning towards a different one. On May 1st, which was National Decision Day, I was happier, just knowing that you had definitely decided to attend the school that would bring you to me. Now I wonder, have you decided to rush yet? Did you always know you wanted to join a sorority, or will it take most of your Orientation Week to finally register?

Maybe you’re my age, and I’ve met you before. If you didn’t rush your first year, you probably had a good reason for it. Did you miss the cut-off date? Or maybe you wanted to focus on academics for a year. Both of those are great reasons (and there are many more reasons out there too). But I’m so glad you’re deciding to rush this next year. I know that it will seem very stressful when you’re first going through it, but I promise, it’s worth it.

I’m really excited to be on the other side of recruitment. If nothing else, then I’m excited because I’ll get to meet you and your pledge class. I’m excited to wear our adorable bid day shirts and hug your pledge class close as we welcome you home. I’m excited to be a part of the support team that introduces you to sorority life. I’m excited for my home to become your home, because trust me, it’s an amazing experience to find your home away from home.

Little, you should know that I will love you no matter what. I promise I’ll never judge you, and I’ll always be here for you. I’ll come pick you up wherever you are, no matter what time it is. If you need to cry, I’ll hold you. If you need to talk, I’ll listen, and if you need to laugh, I’ll tell some stupid joke that will probably make you groan first. I’m not funny, but for you, I’ll be hilarious. For you, I’ll be anything.

It will be a wonderful day when I can finally call you mine,

Your Big