To My Future Husband, From Your Hopeless Romantic

Our love will conquer all.

429
Deesha Chandra

To The Future Love of My Life,

Oh, how I can NOT wait to set my eyes on you. The ideal way of us to meet is on a day where I am looking my absolute best, and you will look at me and say, “Wow!” However, my luck is not this great, so I will most likely be in sweats and hanging with a group of friends.

Normally guys will not approach girls who are with a group of people, especially when that group includes other guys. You will not be that way, and decide to approach me anyhow to which I give you my number. This leads to us going on a date, and then that date leads to many more of them. Thus, sparking the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Well...too bad that is something that mostly happens in movies, or to sorority girls. My wish is for us to start off as friends. Maybe we meet through mutual friends, or just happen to have a class together. The love that develops this way is so precious because you hang around a person for what seems to be forever, and the feeling you get while hanging out with, them never gets old. Then, you are sitting alone one day and that person crosses your mind, and you’re smiling like a fool.

You find yourself blushing a little, and stopping because you feel odd about feeling this way. So now, you have all of these thoughts roaming in your mind and you realize... “ I love this person!” The question now is does this person feel the same way as you do? You can risk the friendship by asking or just let the love linger.

Well my darling, you will not be able just let this love linger. You will call or text me immediately after feeling this way, and ask to meet me somewhere face to face. We will sit down wherever and you will confess your love for me.

At first, I will just sit there for a while because I will have to process what was just said. Then, I will tell you that I feel the same way, and THIS will be the start of our everlasting love. Oh, our love will burn bridges and move mountains, my love.

Until we meet my handsome , I will leave you with the words of Shakespeare’s Sonnet 116:

“Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand’ring bark,
Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken.
Love’s not Time’s fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle’s compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.”

P.S. I would like to apologize now for whatever stress I may cause you. I am a very complicatedly, simple person to deal with, but you will still love me anyway(hopefully!