A Letter To My Future G-Little

A Letter To My Future G-Little

Welcome to the family
199

Dear future grandlittle,

If I did not get the chance to tell you yet…welcome to our sisterhood.

Most importantly, welcome to the family, our family. I am so excited to welcome you into our arms and to be able to be here for your sorority experience.

Your soon-to-be big will be the best big to you as she was the best little to me. She has qualities that push me to be a better person every day. The qualities she sees in you are what I saw in her when I first met her.

I have ten things I want to tell you as we await for your Big-Little reveal.

1. I am utterly obsessed with you.

My little chose you and loves you and so, therefore, I love you just as much. You are going to be so spoiled (in a good way) by me and your big. I spoiled your big, and you will, therefore, be spoiled.

2. I’m not that old, so we can still hang out.

I may be your grand-big, but I can still hang…most of the time.

3. Get involved with the chapter.

Being involved with the chapter brings you so much closer to the sisterhood. Whether you hold a position in the house or attend every single event, just make sure you are involved. I can’t stress how important it is. When I joined our organization my freshman year, I attended everything I possibly could. It made me realize how much I loved being a member and how I couldn’t wait to be more involved in the next three years after my freshman year.

4. Your sorority family is always here for you.

Your sorority family is here to make you feel like you are at home while in college. We are here to help you create those bonds with the sorority. We are here to support everything you and your little do together.

5. I will let you and your big blossom into the big-little relationship you wish to have.

A big-little relationship is one of the most important relationships you can have in college. I will let you and your big develop your relationship without me being around all the time. I have seen my little grow and become a wonderful woman with amazing insights on life. I want you and her to have the relationship that I have with my big and that your big and I have.

6. Your big is someone you should always go to.

My big was and is someone I could go to vent to and to talk to. Your big is someone that you should see as that person. Your big will not judge you; she will always listen to you; she is the person that you can always turn to.

7. Your big will always be your big.

No matter what happens, if you and your big have a small argument, or if you get frustrated with one another, you will get through it. Your big is your big and that is something you should always remember.

8. I hope that having my little as your big will make you fall in love with our sisterhood even more.

Your big is an inspiration to me. She shows me things that I don’t see. She shows me that the LITTLE things do matter and to appreciate everything that I have. Your big is my hero, and I hope she will be yours.

9. Your big will be your mentor, your guide, your best friend.

My big (your great grand-big) has been all three of these to me. And I can only hope that I have been that to your big. I can’t wait to see you and your big create the bonds that will give you the relationship that I have with her. You will see your big as your mentor, guide, and best friend; it’s a possibility it won’t happen right away, but it will happen.

10. Your big will love you more than anything.

Your big will love you unconditionally. You are her little, and she is your big. Your relationship is one of the most amazing and important ones in your sorority experience.

Welcome to the family, G-Little. I can’t wait to meet you.

Love,

Your future G-big