5 Fun And Easy Kid's Activities

5 Fun And Easy Kid's Activities

Keeping kids happy and entertained can be difficult. These five activities might help!

195
5 Fun And Easy Kid's Activities

Whether you really need to get things done and want some time to yourself, or simply struggle to find ways to keep kids engaged without the use of a screen, these activities will occupy kiddos while fostering creativity and movement.

1. Create your own classy art gallery

Encourage kids to make as many beautiful works of art as they can. Grab all the supplies you can find: paper, glue, paints, crayons, markers, pencils, oil pastels, macaroni, yarn, fabric, etc. With so many different utensils and mediums, kids will be excited to experiment and get their hands dirty (be sure to have old t-shirts available to avoid messy clothes). Once they're satisfied with their creations, it's time to set up the gallery. Find some wall space to hang the pictures, or if there is none, get creative and display them in other ways (i.e. hang with string from the ceiling or furniture, create makeshift easels, even arrange them in a design on the floor). Feel free to make the experience as authentic as possible, complete with a snack/drink table, artist name cards, and guest invitations!

2. Nature scavenger hunt

Image result for kids nature scavenger hunt

Let kids spend some quality time outdoors. Give them a list of different things to find in nature that would create an interesting collection. For example three different colored leaves, a smooth rock, a blue flower, etc. For added interest, consider having kids find a special box or container to put their collection in, or encourage them to come up with a unique way to display their treasures in a piece of art.

3. Laser-beam obstacle course

Related image

Obstacle courses are undeniably fun- especially when you can incorporate a cool sci-fi/spy theme. Find a place (indoors or out) where you can easily attach strands of string or yarn to either side of the area. Make sure the string stretches across the area at different angles so kids must jump, crouch, and bend their way through the "laser field." To make this activity even more challenging, add in furniture, toys and other objects to jump on and around. If you're outdoors, feel free to use trees, bikes, skates, and a barrage of bubbles.

4. Make a huge fort

Gather all the blankets, sheets, pillows and cushions you can find to create a big, cozy blanket fort. Drape tables and chairs with blankets to make the structure or hang sheets from string to make a basic triangle tent. Be sure to fill the inside of the fort with blankets and stuffed animals for optimum comfort. If it's a little dark, bring in a lamp or a strand of twinkle lights.

5. Create and play an improvised Jenga game

Take a regular Jenga set and write different questions, dares, challenges and activities on each block.

Examples: - (dare) for the rest of the game, bark like a dog whenever someone says your name

- (question) what is your favorite TV show?

- (activity/dare) try and draw a picture of a dog in just 30 seconds

This game is sure to take some time to finish and holds kids' attention since they never know what will come next. It's Jenga with an exciting twist!

Kids can be a challenge sometimes, but finding ways to keep them happy and active shouldn't be. Refer this list and others like it for great simple and educational activities!