How The World Looked The Last Time FSU Won A National Championship

Those were the days.
16

This one goes out to all the junior and senior Seminoles out there. To the classes of 2016 and 2017, I'm truly sorry. I have watched the light in your eyes slowly twinkle away as our beloved Florida State Seminoles have taken defeat after defeat. So in the midst of my self-pity, I decided to reflect on a happier time; the time of the 2014 BCS National Championship Game. It's been a few years and a lot has changed since our national championship game for the 2013 season. It's about time that we cry reminisce on what the world looked like during the time of our most recent football victory:

1. "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Featuring Wanz was listed as the No. 1 on Billboard's "Hot 100 Songs."

2. Nelson Mandela passed away.

The former president of South Africa died on December 5, 2013.

3. The movie "Sharknado" came out.

4. The Jonas Brothers announced their breakup during an interview.

5. Paul Walker passed away.

Star of the "Fast and Furious" movies, actor Paul Walker, died in a car accident at age 40.

6. Miley Cyrus traumatized the world by twerking at the MTV Video Music Awards.

My childhood self is still in shock.

7. The first season of "Orange Is the New Black" was a huge hit.

8. Auburn beat Alabama in one of the most shocking victories in college football.

9. Candy Crush became the most popular game on Facebook.

10. Justin Bieber's "Believe" movie was released.

11. The government shut down.

Since Congress couldn't decide on a budget for the fiscal year of 2014, the government was shut down for 16 days.

12. Yahoo released that Amanda Bynes was No. 7 on their list of top searches.

She had a rough year, alright.

13. Phil Robertson was suspended from A&E.

Star of the A&E show, Duck Dynasty, Robertson was suspended for his comments against homosexuality.

14. Bruce and Kris Jenner announced their split.

15. The average price of gasoline was $3.30.

16. "Uptown Funk" was announced as the Record of the Year at the 58th Annual Grammy Awards.

As much as this sucks, at least we don't have to look back on 2008 to reminisce on our most recent national championship win (cough, cough UF).