From The Person Who Works Through Spring Break Every Year

I know I am not missing much.

10
pexels

Many colleges are starting their spring semester either this week or next week, and I know what several people are already looking forward to; SPRING BREAK. It is what every college student dreams of because they get to party all night and sleep all day, not have a care in the world and just live life up. It is also one thing that is unfortunately glamorized in many movies. However, not everyone cares about spring break all too much because they have to work through the entire thing.

This is something that is very personal to me because I have always had at least one job during spring break. I always heard about people planning these crazy trip with their friends anywhere from a simple road trip all the way to going on exotic getaway vacations. I will have to admit, when I was a freshman in college, it used to bug me because I used to dream about going away on a cool spring vacation like they did in the movies. However, as time went on, I actually started to look forward to spring break because it meant that I could focus solely on my work and had no classes or homework to worry about. Because of this, I could focus on myself a little more and have time to hang out with friends that I don't get to see much because of life. In addition to this, I could also make more money because I could work more hours than I was able to during the time when I had classes.

Sometimes, I do wish I could go away and do something for spring break, but when I look at the big picture, I am happy that I work through spring break because it opens up many more opportunities in my life than a vacation would. One main thing is I get more experience at my job, which benefits me in the long run because it is a job that pertains to my field of study. In addition to this, I know that I would rather go on a vacation with my family and I would rather go in the summer when it is warmer. I can also have more time in the summer to take a vacation because spring break is only about five days, which to me isn't that long. I know that I prefer to take vacations that are at least one week long because I get more time to enjoy the experience.

So, if you are a person who does not have the opportunity to go away on spring break because you have to work, don't feel so bad because you really are not missing out on too much. If you stay life-long friends with the people that you are friends with now, there will be plenty more opportunities to go on bigger and better getaways with them later in life when you are more successful. Not participating in spring break will probably not be something you look back at in life and say "man I should have taken off for spring break to do something with my friend." If anything, your banking account might thank you.