4 Perks Of Not Going On Spring Break

4 Perks Of Not Going On Spring Break

Don't worry all of us (well most of us) feel your pain.

16
4 Perks Of Not Going On Spring Break
Travel Channel

It's that time of year again: Spring Break! Except I'm one of those people who doesn't get to say that with much enthusiasm. Spring break for me is just any other week for me minus classes, but replaced with endless hours of working at a job that I had since high school. Not to mention the part where the weather will probably be disgusting and the town will be empty since I'm one of those college students who does not get the benefit of knowing how spring break is. Hey, it's okay! No matter how bad staying in a ghost town tundra is over spring break, there are plenty of bright sides to this situation.

1. More money in your pocket.

Whether you are working just for one week, you can possibly make enough to pay for some rent and even utilities. As college students, we get excited over finding a dollar on the ground, so having a 200 dollar paycheck? Yeah, it's like being a kid in a candy store. If you are not working over spring break, you are still saving money either way. I know when spring break comes around for me, I do spring cleaning (on my closet that is). Any clothes I find-I sell it; so moral of the story is, if you are not going on spring break, you are either making money or saving it.

2. Get the chance to spend time with friends from home and, of course, family.

Not that there's anything wrong with spending even more time with your college friends, but what's not to love about hanging with high school friends? I mean they pretty much know everything about you, and your family and been there from the start. Of course, family, too. Spending time with loved ones; what could possibly be better?

3. A chance to get ahead of your life.

Teachers gave long term assignments over break? Slacking at the gym? Eating like crap? Well, now it's time to set those excuses off to the side until you get back to college, and start focusing on yourself. Make time to workout because you have time. Do school work and do not procrastinate (you will definitely be ahead of those who decided to take a vacay). Eat healthy AKA homemade meals and refrain from eating McDoubles from the Dollar Menu-that was only acceptable if you were tired of dining hall food!!

4. If you really wanted to, you could take a cheap day trip.

If you have time between working, seeing friends and family, and getting ahead with your responsibilities take a day trip. Last spring break I went to OC for two nights (even though it was still a ghost town) and still made plenty of money and got tons of stuff done. Spring break necessarily does not mean you have to spend tons of money on a hot vacation even though that would be amazing. Hiking somewhere, taking a day trip to a nearby city, or I don't know, going to the Casino or an amusement park is a lot better than sitting at home thinking about all the people on a cruise or at the beach.

There is always a bright side to not going on Spring Break-although it may not seem brighter (that pun was definitely intended), you could always make the best of it with friends and family. Who knows, if you're spontaneous, why wouldn't you drop everything and just go to Spring Break. You're only young once.~