From The Girl Who Loves To Nap

From The Girl Who Loves To Nap

Written while I wasn't napping

12
From The Girl Who Loves To Nap
NerdSleep

The saying is true: nap time is the best time.

When I wake up in the morning, I sit in my bed and plan out when I can come back to my room and take a nap. This helps me get through my day, as my daily nap is my favorite part of my day. This nap needs to be a good nap though, or else my day is bad and not complete. A nap can make or break my day.

I can take a nap anywhere and at any time, which I believe is a true talent of mine. One of my proudest napping moments included catching up on some zzz's during a quick ten-minute car ride from my house to my town's local shopping center (with my sister driving, of course).

If there was a college course revolved around napping, I would get an A+. Imagine it, a whole class where all you do is nap, and your homework is also to nap. Assignments and projects are graded on how well you nap, as well as how long you can nap for. Now that I think about it, this class should really exist because it would be a great GPA booster for me.

I probably sound like an eighty-five-year-old women who has back problems and five cats and lives alone, but I can't help it; I just love to nap.

Some may criticize this habit of napping I have gotten myself into; one of these criticizers happens to be my dad. He believes in the stigmas that come along with naps. Such stigmas include that napping indicates laziness, shows a lack of ambition, and is meant for only children or the elderly. But as it turns out, napping is actually good for you. So, sorry dad, I think I am going to continue napping!

According to the National Sleep Foundation, napping can be very beneficial to the human body. Taking a nap can restore alertness. This occurs in the period directly following the nap, and may even continue hours later in the day. Additionally, naps can enhance performance and reduce mistakes and accidents.

Sleep.org reports that "short naps can help lower tension, which decreases your risk of heart disease." They also say it is important to nap around the same time every day (typically anytime between 1-3 pm is a good time).

The best naps are short naps, as reported by the National Sleep Foundation. They say that that a short nap that lasts about 20-30 minutes is typically recommended for short-term alertness. This type of nap is the best because it leaves you more alert and not feeling groggy.

If you just skimmed the last few paragraphs or did not get anything out of them, long story short: naps are good for you and are beneficial. So, on that note, I think I am going to go take a nap now.