From The Girl Who Easily Forgives

From The Girl Who Easily Forgives

Don't knock it til you try it.

23
From The Girl Who Easily Forgives
womany

We have all messed up. We have made mistakes from which we feel we couldn't possibly come back. We sit on the bathroom floor bawling our eyes out and wondering how we could let so many people down, including ourselves. I have made lots of mistakes. I have been forgiven by some beautiful people but I have also not been forgiven by some beautiful people. Both scenarios have taught me a lot. It has helped me to make less mistakes and to apologize quickly and whole-heartedly when I do. More than anything, having gone through the pain of not being fully forgiven when I wanted it so badly, I have learned to quickly and whole-heartedly forgive.

Forgiveness is tough. You truly have to allow yourself to be vulnerable and risk the chance of being hurt again. I have gained a whole new perspective on all of this though: If someone truly wants to be in my life, I will let them, no matter their mistakes. When I forgive them, I mean it. Who am I not to? For those of you who don't forgive easily or "forget" with your forgiveness, I have one question for you: Have you never messed up? Often, people forgive with the stipulation that "things will never be the same again." You're right, things won't be the same. If you fully forgive, they'll be better. From experience, the people who have hurt me that I let back into my life have proven their worth, and our relationship has only grown better than it ever was before.

For those of you who have made your truest apologies known, I am so unbelievably proud of you. If you haven't received forgiveness yet, I promise that it is going to be okay. To those struggling to forgive, that's also okay. Everyone heals differently. Just please promise me that when you do forgive, you mean it. They say that the best apology is changed behavior. Well, I believe that the best forgiveness is changed behavior too.

For those of you that I have fully forgiven and have fully forgiven me, thank you. Thank you so much for wanting to be in my life. I am so glad that you are here. For those of you who have yet to forgive me for my mistakes, I truly hope that you can one day. The door will always remain open on my end; however, I also don't want someone in my life who doesn't fully want me in theirs so please keep that in mind.

So, I forgive easily, possibly too easily according to others. Go ahead and call me naïve, but I can promise you that I am the exact opposite. It takes bravery to forgive those who have hurt us and allow them to fully return into our life. So be brave and never feel ashamed for forgiving someone who shows true remorse, no matter how many people disagree. I believe in you so much and I hope that you believe in you too. As for me, I will continue to fully forgive because I have been fully forgiven by an amazing God and by the people that I love the most. I am so proud of how far I have come and I will never apologize for being the girl that easily forgives.