Friendship vs. Obligation

Friendship vs. Obligation

Time-Saving Advice for a Happier Life

1213
Friendship vs. Obligation
Riley Frank

There are a few different ways to approach saving time. I think one of the most important ones is to stop giving your attention to people who you feel like you have to talk to, instead of your true friends. Here are my top three ways to recognize when you're dealing with obligation instead of friendship.

1. You don't feel supported

Chances are, if you are hanging out with someone who is not happy for you, you're wasting your time. Why spend time with someone who does not support your decisions? This is an example of obligation, and PSA: it's okay to let these people go.

2. You feel bad about yourself

This really should be a no-brainer, but surprisingly it takes a lot to recognize. Everyone has different interests. That goes without saying. But you should never feel responsibility to talk to someone who makes you feel badly about the things you like or dislike. That is not an example of friendship to begin with. You don't have to like everything your friends like, but you should appreciate and be appreciated.

3. You genuinely don't have a good time

Personally, if i am with someone who I can't laugh with, I feel uncomfortable. I feel like I am at my best when surrounded with people who I can have just as much fun doing nothing with as I can with someone who I can go on a crazy adventure with. Long story short, you have no obligation to anyone! If you are unhappy with a friendship, end it. Friendship is a two person deal, but your happiness is all about you.