To The Friendship I Will Cherish Forever

Speedy weenies for the win.

1243
Colleen Finney

It all started in second grade when I told my mom I had to invite her to my birthday party because "you were Greek and nobody liked you." We've come a long way since then. From going on three vacations together to heartbreaks, sushi dates, makeup addictions and everything in between. She will always be the person I can pick up right where I left off with, no matter how far or long we are apart.

I think Kat and I really became close when boy problems started entering our world, also known as, high school. With that comes lots of drama, as we all know. We were dating best friends at one point and playing a sport together. Before we knew it we were going to volleyball tournaments and having constant sleepovers. The relationships didn't end so hot, but the friendship is still going strong.

When we got closer, we practically became a part of each other's families. Kat comes from a very large family. I love getting to be around that since my situation isn't the same. Her mom will always be my second mother. She is a very successful woman and that's something I've always admired about her. Plus, she gave me her guacamole recipe so I have to appreciate her.

As for my family, Kat has been on three vacations with us. Let's just say she's seen a side of my parents no one should ever have to see. We all know what happens at Tybee Island, Hilton Head and Disneyworld stays there. We created so many memories on those trips and they are something I will cherish and remember until we're old and wrinkly.

When I was struggling with migraines pretty bad, Kat was one of the few people that took the time to understand what I was going through. She didn't judge or make rude comments. She always checked on me when I wasn't at school or would come and see me. I think that's when I really knew that she was a true friend and that she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Kat,

As our first year of college is coming to a close, I can't wait for summer days by the pool, shopping trips and loads of sushi. As for this new chapter that we have embarked on in our lives, I wish you nothing but the best. I know you're going to be so successful someday. Thank you for always standing up for me and having my back when I needed it most. You constantly continue to bring laughs and your smile to everyone around you, never stop. No matter how crazy life gets or how far apart we may seem, you will always have a friend in me. I am forever thankful for you and the friendship you have given me. Love you lots, shorty.