An Open Letter To My Friends From High School

High school is over, but our friendships are forever.

10

Hey Guys,

So, all of the sudden we graduated and we’re adults (kind of?). Crazy, I know! Now, we are all over the place and doing our own things. It is scary, but I know that you all are killing it out there.

I’m writing this letter to you all because I appreciate (and miss) each and every one of you. Although I see some of you more than others, I miss seeing each other and being together every day. I miss our inside jokes, our never ending laughs, and ranting about life. I am so glad that we have all stayed in touch since graduation and since moving hours away. It really is nice to know that you are still here for me, even when you are over there.

Ever since we all kind of fell together, I knew that this group of friendships was a strong one. We all clicked so well, had similar interests, and let's be honest… we hated the same people! It really is quite rare to find a group of people who you can enjoy each and everyone’s presence. Just at a flashback and we were once all freshman together, just beginning to get a taste of what the next 4 years would be like. We went to football games, proms, and parties together. We suffered through those tough classes together, we had each other's backs and made a few memories along the way. Even though that is all behind us now, I’m looking forward to the future and all of us still celebrating life's big events together. High school is finally over, but I know that our friendships are worth a lifetime.

From hanging at the docks to having late night trips to Applebee’s, we’ve had so many good times and made countless memories. I know you all will never forget that one time...you know what I’m talking about! I look forward to every school break, holiday, and visits when we can all be together again. Even after being apart for some time, we can jump right back into things like we never left each other's side. I know that nothing really changes because nothing really changes between good and true friends. Looking back at high school, there really is nobody else who I would have rathered to go through everything with. I look forward to growing together and still being a part of each other's journeys in this crazy thing called life.

Thank you for making high school somewhat bearable, because we all know that was a LONG 4 years. Thank you for the snap streaks. Thank you for the memes. Thank you for the encouraging text messages. Thank you for the phone calls to catch up. Thank you for the group chat that will NEVER end. Thank you for laughing, crying, and everything in between with me.

Most importantly, thank you for being my FOREVER friends- I couldn’t think of a better group of people to go through the seasons of life with.