I Love My Friends, But I Like My Alone Time Too
Friendships

I don't mind being alone and having that good me time.

69
woman standing alone in red beanie

Hi my name is Jess and I like to be alone...don't get me wrong I love to hang out with friends and go out to the movies, restaurants, or whatever we decide to do that day. Yet, I also love to just be on my own and be on my own schedule.

Whether that means chilling in my room or going to Marshall's I have no problem with it just being me, myself, and I. For some people being alone is something that they fear and they'd do anything just so that they can not be alone. Yet for me, I like this time so that I can just be with my thoughts and reflect on what might of went on that day or in that week.

I know that at college some of my family members worry about me liking to be alone but if I don't have that time to myself then I tend to not be the nicest version of myself. especially when I am stressed from school or just life in general, my alone time helps me to destress and make sure that I can put my best foot forward when it comes to my academics and anything else that I need to be my best self.

So at the end of the day, my alone time is something that is very crucial to being the best version of me. Though I do always make sure to have that happy medium between friends and being alone. I have a challenge for my readers, take 15 minutes in your day and just be alone or do something alone. See if it makes an impact in your day and maybe there will be a positive difference. Of course, I can't make you do anything but just give it a try! Good luck!