Friends To Family
Family Friends

A Letter To Friends That Become Family

It is the feeling you get when you know someone genuinely cares about you that makes a friend, family.

1043
A Letter To Friends That Become Family
Pixabay Pixabay.com

To All of You:

To all of you; you know who you are. I thank you.

Often, we are born into this world with a family that has unconditionally loved us for longer than we have been alive. Without ever saying a word, somehow they know more about you than you will ever know about yourself. During the worst and best days of our lives, they will be the ones to keep you moving and to watch you move.

But, there are those who come into our lives because we were blessed enough to have walked the same path. It is these individuals that we call friends. They are the ones that we pick to share in our memories. The ones that we pick to share our thoughts with, and the ones that we pick to be a part of our family. The ones we choose to let in, to love.

The idea of what makes one family has changed since I was a kid. It has changed for the greater good. Those friends that you consider family are the ones that come into your life and make everything seem so much brighter, whether they are your friend, your sibling's friend, or your mom's friend. It is the feeling you get when you know someone genuinely cares about you that makes a friend, family. They are the ones that bring dinner over because they know you need food or the those that defend your siblings as if they were their own. A person that loves the people that love you. Many are taught the importance of what it means to be family. I think people should learn the importance of what it means when someone chooses to be there.

Without these friends, there is no telling how different our lives would be. Every day, I am thankful for the ones that choose to love me and choose to be my family.

Love,

Blake