I Asked Over 50 Of My Friends Which U.S. State Should Run The World, And Here's What They Think

We've got some seriously hot takes about who should take the reigns if given the chance.

1168

I was recently up rather late and decided to post a "Reply Snap" to my Snapchat story. I wanted to know what U.S. state people think should run the world. It was the Saturday night before classes, so I trusted that many of my friends were either buzzed or at least on some crackhead energy. Still, I only expected a handful of responses. Much to my surprise, over 50 people replied!

Here are the responses:

1. Alabama: 0

No surprise here.

2. Alaska: 0

3. Arizona: 1

Something about the folks being granola.

4. Arkansas: 0

5. California: 6

Nothing wrong with wanting a progressive, tree-hugging world!

6. Colorado: 4

I have never been to Colorado but it must make one heck of an impression because I only know one person that lives there!

7. Connecticut: 1

8. Delaware: 0

9. Florida: 7

It is worth noting that many of these people are simply interested in the chaos that would ensue. However, one person mentioned that since Florida has such a large older population, they may bring a lot of wisdom to the table.

10. Georgia: 0

11. Hawaii: 3

12. Idaho: 2

13. Illinois: 2

14. Indiana: 0

15. Iowa: 0

16. Kansas: 1

17. Kentucky: 0

18. Louisiana: 0

19. Maine: 4

20. Maryland: 0

21. Massachusetts: 2

22. Michigan: 0

23. Minnesota: 1

24. Mississippi: 0

25. Missouri: 0

26. Montana: 0

27. Nebraska: 0

28. Nevada: 0

29. New Hampshire: 0

30. New Jersey: 0

31. New Mexico: 0

32. New York: 4

33. North Carolina: 0

34. North Dakota: 1

35. Ohio: 7

Disclaimer: a large chunk of my friends live in Ohio and they have definitely drank the Kool-Aid!

36. Oklahoma: 0

37. Oregon: 2

38. Pennsylvania: 2

39. Rhode Island: 1

40. South Carolina: 0

41. South Dakota: 0

42. Tennessee: 1

43. Texas: 4

44. Utah: 0

45. Vermont: 2

I, personally, would choose Vermont. When I think of Vermont I think of wokeness, granola, and overall just good vibes. Though I have never actually been to Vermont, I hear excellent things.

46. Virginia: 0

47. Washington: 2

48. West Virginia: 0

49. Wisconsin: 1

50. Wyoming: 0