6 Things I Hear Repeatedly When My Friends Are In The Passenger Seat Of My Car

"Wow! You're a better driver than I thought!"
524

One of my favorite things to do is take my friends out for a spin in my car as we jam out to music. I thought it would be interesting if I documented some of the things they have told me while sitting in the passenger seat of my car.

1. “You drive best when you know where you are.”

Wow, well thanks! I hope that is a good thing. I know where I am in Lubbock 40% of the time so there is an approximate view of how skilled of a driver I am in this town. Wow, I just love making people feel safe in my car.

2. “Dang, it smells good in here!”

This is something I am very proud of. I’ve had my car since senior year of high school and all the times it has been through the smell of Starbucks, other friends' fast food, and my sweaty self after running seem almost non-existent when someone new gets into my car. This is great and hopefully it will last forever!

3. “Did you get your car washed today?”

On the outside, I would definitely say that my car is more clean. Believe it or not, it is actually easier to keep clean too. I don’t know about your car, but the inside of my car is the absolute hardest to keep clean. More specifically, the floor of my car. Man it is sure a hassle! Comment below if you face this same issue!

4. “Oh, you’re going this way?”

I take unique routes to get to my destination just for fun and to gain knowledge of my surroundings. My dad does this too, so I’ve learned to take it on too as I got older. Some people think it’s weird that I do that but guess who probably knows more than three routes to get to the grocery store? Me!

5. “Wow, you’re a better driver than I thought!”

For a reason I have not yet discovered, most of my friends stereotype me as a bad driver on the spot. Once they get in my car, most of those thoughts quickly change. I just smirk and keep driving when they come to this realization because it is quite entertaining to me. Shoutout to all of my friends for believing in me!

6. “You have an interesting taste in music.”

I do not know what the concept of driving in silence is. I HAVE to have my music going in the car at all times, it is my number one rule. As many of you know, I am obsessed with music. I listen to it almost constantly, whether it be on the way to class, while doing homework, and of course, driving. I guess I do have an interesting taste in music because more than five people have told me that in the car only.

Off the top of my head, these were the most common remarks that my friends have said to me. Some enjoy being in my car more than others and it definitely shows!