Sometimes, being single is... not the greatest feeling in the world. Instead of spending your weekend going on dates with a cute guy, you're in your PJs, eating ice cream, and binging Netflix. Both nights have their benefits, but sometimes you just find yourself really wanting to be in a relationship.
Luckily, there's a group of twenty-somethings who totally understand what you're going through. Every member of the Central Perk gang from "Friends" has gone through being single and trying to navigate what to do in those moments. Here are just 15 (but there are so many more) moments when we can definitely relate to Rachel, Phoebe, and the rest of the gang:
1. When you go on your Instagram feed and see a slew of engagement announcements.
Five of your friends are getting married this summer, and you haven't been on a date in months, but at least there's a really great coffee shop near your apartment!
2. When you just want to vent about your nonexistent love life.
Sometimes you just need to let it all out. Thankfully, your friends are there to listen to every word.
3. When you're still not quite done venting to your friends about how much you hate being single.
And somedays the venting just doesn't stop. You just need to get it all out at once.
4. When your friends encourage you to talk to someone cute, but you're too nervous to actually start anything.
Response: "He could hear me." It's hard to get back in the game. You just never know how every interaction is going to pan out.
5. But sometimes, you go for it, and it's not too bad.
Sometimes though, flirting with a cute guy pays off in a big way!
6. When you make eye contact with a guy from across the room and you can't stop thinking about him.
It's been so long since you've spoken to a guy and you just need the interaction!
7. When you think you're falling for a guy, but he turns out to be completely wrong for you.
Just like Rachel asked Monica to make all her romantic decisions for her, sometimes you need your best friend to make all your romantic decisions for you.
8. When you're so afraid of catching feelings for someone and being let down that you'd rather just keep it all bottled up inside.
You definitely shouldn't do this, but sometimes it just feels so much easier this way. It's easier to hide from your feelings than just admit that you have them.
9. When you see a bunch of couples when you go out and you just feel bitter.
Some days you feel totally content and independent in your singleness. But other days, you just can't stand to see couples out and about, being happy.
10. When you're trying to flirt with someone new, but sometimes it's just too hard.
If your smooth pick-up line doesn't work out, at least you have some great one-liners to fall back on!
11. When all you want to do is wallow and eat your feelings, so there's only one thing left to do.
Did you just break up with someone? Have you been single for so long you don't even remember the last time you went on a date? No matter the situation, pizza fixes everything.
12. When you're trying to explain to your friends why someone needs to wife you up. Right. Now.
So you're not that great at cooking, but at least you believe in your skills. There's nothing more attractive than confidence.
13. When your friend asks you for dating advice, but you've been single for so long you barely know what dating is anymore.
Humor can be a great way to distract yourself from the fact that you're still single. Sometimes.
14. When you go over your plans for your date-less Friday night.
Hey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Especially if you find a new show with eight seasons and twenty episodes per season.
15. But no matter what, you've always got your friends by your side.
Being single can be the worst sometimes, but at least you'll always have your friends by your side to laugh with, cry to, and make your own amazing memories.
Follow Swoon on Instagram.