I Am 20 Years Old, Why Are All My Friends Getting Married?

It feels like you are either single, or engaged, there is no in between.
326

It seems like every time I go on some sort of social media someone I went to grade school, middle school, and high school with is getting married. Some are still even teenagers. Lately I have been having an idea that this is becoming the latest trend with relationships, is getting married too young, or too soon.

Don’t get me wrong, if you are ready to get married, go for it, more power to you, and I am glad that you are happy with that person. Maybe it is catching me off guard that I am growing up way too fast.

However, having people get married so early, and so soon in relationships can give people the impression that you need to get married sooner and when you are younger, otherwise you’ll never get married at all. Which is totally not true.

A lot of people find the one for them a lot sooner than others. Sometimes it’s the first relationship, and sometimes it’s the 100th relationship, it really doesn’t matter. Everyone runs their own race, and it really doesn’t matter who we end up with, or whatever our situation is, we all end up dying at some point (as depressing as it sounds, but it is true). Who cares if you get married at 50? There is no shame in getting married late.

So, don’t be daunted by seeing all your friends getting married. Years full of weddings are in the very near future, don’t stress about your own, and enjoy the moment.