Some Friendly Weekly Reminders, For This Week And Every Week

Life is beautiful, but recently we’ve been struggling. So here are some friendly reminders to help you through the week.

101
Unsplash

TW for sexual assault

Here are some friendly weekly reminders for you.

1. Global warming is real.

It's a real problem that is undeniable.

2. Black lives matter.

Now more than ever.

3. Refugees have been responsible for exactly 0 terrorist attacks.

Meanwhile, Americans are responsible for 11,737 American deaths a year.

4. The Quran preaches peace first and foremost.

especially Quran 49:10

5. Love is not a choice.

Sometimes people are born in the wrong body. Sexuality and gender are not rigid concepts, they run on a spectrum.

6. Immigrants, legal or illegal, are simply trying to better their lives.

Everyone in America is originally from somewhere else.

7. We do not need a wall. Flint, Michigan, however, does need clean water.

They have been without since 2014.

8. Native Americans deserve respect. Their land is theirs.

The fight to shut down the Dakota Access Pipeline through Standing Rock is not yet over and still needs our attention.

9. Planned Parenthood provides a large range of vital services.

Their services help both for women and men.

10. It doesn’t matter what she was wearing.

The only person responsible for rape is the rapist.

11. Mental health is valid and real.

Seeking help, whether it’s therapy, medication, or smaller steps like finding personal productive coping skills should not be stigmatized.

12. The arts and humanities are important.

Funding for research is also important.

13. If you are in a place of privilege, use it to speak for those who are not.

Many people who are affected by these various issues. The good news is there are a whole bunch of ways to help.

14. Be a decent human being.

It's pretty easy.

Start with learning and being compassionate towards the people around you.