To The Friend That Inspired Me To Be More

You know who you are because you get me better than anyone else.

5

I hope you know who you are, because you have helped me become who I am today. There has never been a moment where you have failed to pull through for me. All it takes is a quick text, call, or smoke signal and you’re there within minutes. We’ve had so many good times together and I can only imagine the trouble we’ll get in, in the future, and when they put us in the nursing home together. While you’re more like family than a friend, I want to thank you for inspiring me to be more.

For the moments I’ve doubted myself. Thank you for the messages of motivation that you’ve shared with me. If anyone can get me to wake up- it’s you. Sending me quotes, silly pictures or memes, and FaceTiming me. You know how hard headed I am and most of the time, you’re just as stubborn as me. But with that, you always put me in my place, because you know I need that from time to time. Thank you for making me believe in myself and making me wake up to see what I am capable of doing.

For the times I’ve cried more in one night than I have in my whole life, thanks for crying with me. Crying over a breakup, a dream come short, a bad day, or because I ran out of ice cream because I tried compensating for the tears and because ice cream makes everything better. Thank you for grabbing a spoon too, eating ice cream with me, and talking me through the hard stuff.

For the road trips and adventures that we’ve been on together, we have had some really good times. Singing in the car with our windows down and music loud is a common scenario for us. We never go anywhere without a good playlist, our Diet Cokes, and so many laughs that we’re bent over from side cramps with tears streaming down our faces. We’ve made a few wrong turns and sang our way through long drives but boy have we had some good laughs!

For the times you’ve read my mind or known exactly what I was thinking, just from the look on my face; the true test of a good friendship. I could never express how much I appreciate that you get me. You always have a way of understanding me even when I’m struggling to understand myself. We’ve experienced a lot together and we’ve grown throughout those times. We just get each other.

For the times I’ve considered settling right where I’m at, thanks for pushing me to do more and to be more. You’ve reminded me often that I’m worth more and that I deserve more. I’m worth more than “good enough” and I deserve more than “it might work”. Because of your reassurance and belief in me, I have dreamed bigger, tried harder, and I have been inspired to be more.

To the friend that inspired me to be more, I hope I have done the same for you because you deserve the sort of friendship that you have given to me.