To My Friend Since Birth

To My Friend Since Birth

I've known you since the womb and I know you will always be a part of my life. I love you.

2033
To My Friend Since Birth

My Oldest Friend,

We have known each other since before we were born and have been through every life event with one another. It's practically like we were sisters who were raised in different families. You were there for me during every heart break, and I was there when you needed an all night movie buddy. I can't believe all of the time that has flown by with you by my side.

When we were young it never mattered how many friends we had, there was always time for our friendship. Whether it was staying up to watch the new Air Bud with a bowl of popcorn, forts that lasted an entire weekend into the next, or even thinking we would be the next YouTube sensations with all of our embarrassing lip sync videos of The Jonas Brothers. Our friendship was more invaluable than I knew at the time.

Then came the dreaded year I moved. I was only 20 minutes away, but to a pair of 8-year-olds that felt like we were across the globe. After school play dates never seemed possible. I hated the thought of moving from a place I loved so much, and not being able to see you nearly as much. Middle school was going to be rough, and without your support it seemed absolutely impossible at the time.

We saw each other as much as we could. Joining sports teams, theater programs, and after school clubs really took up all of our time. Although, when we did see each other it's like no time had passed. No matter how old we were we found ourselves doing the same things as when we were only five years old. We didn't care if they were childish or embarrassing. That says a lot because we were preteens concerned with everything we wore or did at the time. That's how timeless and comfortable our friendship really was.

Now look at us. Past middle school. Out of high school. States away from each other in college. It felt like just yesterday we were sitting in your basement playing Frogger after a boat ride on the lake. But now we're practically adults. No matter how much we changed or how separated we feel in our everyday lives we are only one text, call, FaceTime or Snapchat away from one another.

You are my soulmate, my sister from another mister, and my best friend. No matter who comes or goes out of my life I know that you will always be there. You are my family and I can not wait to see what our futures hold for us. I know that we will still be building forts and sipping Arnold Palmer just as much as we did as kids. I will never forget the nights we stayed up talking, and I know that there will be so many more in the future. It may feel like the hundreds of miles between us are actually galaxies apart, but the best part of our friendship is we do not need to see each other every day, or week, or even month to know we will be there for each other. I will always be here for you. You're stuck with me for the rest of your life. We'll watch each other go through more ups and downs and grow old together. If life doesn't work out it's okay because we have each other.

I love you with all of my heart and soul. You are the Sandra Bullock to my Melissa McCarthy. The Leverne to my Shirley. The Lucy to my Ethel. The Amy Poehler to my Tina Fey. The Thelma to my Louise. The Kristin Wiig to my Maya Rudolph. The Forever to my Always. No matter how long we are apart we will always come back together again. Thank you for being you and no matter what happens I'll always be here for a spontaneous sushi and movie date. Never forget that.

Love,
Your Friend Since the Womb