To The Best Friend Who's Been Through It All

We met freshman year of college. I invited you to eat dinner with me, but you turned me down. Somehow, with my persuasive attitude and need to make friends, I wedged myself into your life. Since that day, we've been the best of friends. Even though it's only been a mere three years that we have been best friends I know you are the one person I can count on for everything. You have taught me so much. You have always been there; even if it is just a quick phone call or an hour drive each way, I know I can count on you. Through the trials of moving, fights, boys and other friends we promised we'd stay best friends. Whether that meant weekly coffee dates, or daily phone calls, we promised we'd make time for each other.

When I meet you freshmen year, I really did not think you liked me at all. You were shy, and I was crazy. I was friends with your roommate and would come back and sleep on your floor at odd hours of the night. Then one day we just clicked. I'm not sure if it was because we found out we had the same birthday, or you finally wanted to get to know the stranger sleeping on your floor. Either way, I am so grateful. There is no way I would have survived freshmen year without you. You helped with the simplest of tasks (getting ready for parties) to the hardest and darkest moments that we shared freshmen year. Without you I really would have not made it out alive.

You've seen me at my worst and still look at me no differently. This whole year has been such a mess, and you've been with me though it all. From car accidents to boys you never hesitated to brighten any situation. You were there to help pick up the pieces and put it back together again; baring gifts and Starbucks, not thinking twice about whether to come over and help me out. You're always down for a shopping trip, or an adventure across town. We could sit on the couch all day, not say a word and still have the best time ever. You're always down to take cliché pictures with me, and help think of witty (read: lame) Instagram captions.We miss each other after being apart for 3 hours and celebrate being back together even if it has only been a few hours. You may not have always agreed with what I am doing with my life, but you have always been supportive. Those are the best kinds of friendships.

Although it hasn't always been rainbows and sunshine. We've been through the worst of it together; fighting and not talking for weeks. Those days were actually terrible. We are both so stubborn, but needy, so it was hard when we weren't talking.You are the only person who knows me so well, probably because we think extremely alike. But we powered through and made it work. We tried different things, and we finally got back into a groove. We made time for each other and patched up all the bad, and just focused on the good. We went back to midnight adventures and midday coffee runs.

The next year or so brings so many changes yet again to our friendship. I'm graduating, you're almost done with college, and we have no idea where we will be. But what I can count on is that we will still have each other. Whether we are living in a cute apartment together, or half way across the country, I will always know you will be there for me. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

xoxo,

Your forever best friend.