5 Total Jams That Need To Be On Your Friendship Breakup Playlist

Losing a best friend is hard, but these songs will help you get through it.

21395

Like most relationships, friendships aren't always meant to actually last forever. While losing your current best friend may be gut-wrenching now, I've found in my past experiences that it's sometimes what's best for you.

While a friend-breakup is easier spoken about than lived through, here are five songs to help you get through different stages of the difficult process:

1. "Same Old Love" - Selena Gomez

The idea of being "sick of that same old love," is relatable because of the fact that it is referring to any relationship that doesn't change for the better. The treatment between the parties involved doesn't improve, the emotions that are caused by the lack of kindness and respect doesn't get better, and no matter how many times you try to talk things out and communicate, the person you're talking to doesn't stick to their promises of changing. Why should they anyway, if they knew you would stick around regardless? At this point in the friend break up, you're realizing how sick you are of all of this.

"Take away your things and go

You can't take back what you said, I know

I've heard it all before, at least a million times
I'm not one to forget, you know

I don't believe, I don't believe it
You left in peace, left me in pieces
Too hard to breathe
I'm on my knees right now"

2. "Real Friends" - Camila Cabello

You're sad. You feel alone. This is a crucial step in this process and shouldn't be feared because it's the part where you get stronger. If you don't go through this step to build a relationship with yourself alone then you'll only end up getting the same kind of "friends" back into your life. Don't be so quick to surround yourself with a new friend group, that will come soon enough. Right now, you're mulling over what was wrong and what you want different in the future. You'll probably see your ex-best friend post pictures on social media. You don't need to prove to them how well you're doing...just delete them. Maybe they'll be sitting with a bunch of your mutual friends at lunch while you're sitting alone. That's okay too. Don't be afraid of any of this because it's the fear of being alone that drives us toward the worst people we can find. You left because you wanted something better for yourself. If Camila can get through it with Fifth Harmony, you can too.

"I'm just lookin' for some real friends
All they ever do is let me down
Every time I let somebody in
Then I find out what they're all about
I'm just lookin' for some real friends
Wonder where they're all hidin' out
I'm just lookin' for some real friends
Gotta get up out of this town"

3. "F.F.F" - Bebe Rexha ft. G.Eazy

You've had your time without your ex-friend. You know what you deserve and what you want for yourself in the future. You're not taking anything less than your new set of standards, and why should you? You can do way better. You're done.

"Friends come and go, friends come and go
Go like the seasons
I never know, I never know what to believe in
And it's getting old, it's getting old
But no hard feelings
'Cause friends come and go, friends come and go without a reason."

4. "Don't Be So Hard On Yourself" - Jess Glynne

It's time to start moving on and finding new friends. You went through all the steps you needed to go through and guided yourself as healthily as possible. It's understandable to take some of the blame on yourself, but it's not always necessary. Even if you took part in the mistakes that ended the friendship, if the person you went through the friend-break-up with was toxic in your life, that's not your fault. You're not responsible for someone else's actions and it's not your fault...it is NEVER your fault if someone treats you badly. You didn't go through all of this just to be against yourself. You learned how to have your own back, and now you're ready to make new friends.

"I never knew where I belonged
But I was right and you were wrong
Been telling myself all along

Don't be so hard on yourself, no
Learn to forgive, learn to let go
Everyone trips, everyone falls
So don't be so hard on yourself, no"

5. "No Broken Hearts" - Bebe Rexha ft. Nicki Minaj

According to Bebe Rexha, this song came from a time period where her manager, her boyfriend, and her best friend all left her in a matter of a week. Knowing this has helped me to realize that I'm not alone in these kinds of hard times. And Bebe wrote this song to celebrate how life goes on and you should have fun after heartbreak. Your life is about to get way better anyway.

"We going straight to Miami
Hop on a plane don't need no plans
Shining so hard like a Grammy
Forget all the players what they did
We gon' be buying the drinks, we gon' be buying the drinks
Line up the bottles, line up the models, we gon' forget everything"

For more playlist ideas for when you just want to jam out, check out 10 Songs That Will Never Want To Make You Leave Your Car! https://www.theodysseyonline.com/ten-songs-that-will-make-you-never-want-to-leave-your-car