Freshman, You Will Miss The Dorms
Education

Dear Freshmen, You Will Actually Miss The Dorms

You should live these few weeks out and take in as much of the dorms as you can

116

At the end of freshman year, I was fully prepared to move out of the dorms and into my own apartment. I was tired of the food and living around so many people with noise around me constantly. That being said, now two years later, I do sometimes find myself really missing the dorms and all the good times I had.

One of the biggest things you will miss is having people constantly around you. When else in your life are you going to wake up to all of your friends living in the same building as you within five feet of walking distance; the answer is never. If you are currently living in the dorms, it may seem like you will never miss this, but trust me you will. It was very nice being able to walk to a friends dorm and easily hang out with them or go grab food with them.

Speaking of food, that is another thing you will miss from living in the dorms. Dorm food is super convenient. You don't have to cook for yourself and it is quick and easily prepared for you. One thing that sucks about living in an apartment is that you have to cook every single meal for yourself. It may not seem like that big of a deal, but on the days you get home from studying all day, cooking is one of the last things you want to do.

This being said living in an apartment is great and have amazing perks too, but to the freshman about to move out of the dorms, live these few weeks out and take in as much of the dorms as you can. Trust me, it may not seem like it now, but you will miss living there like crazy sometimes after you move out.