19 'Free Food Days' For The Hungry College Student

Everyone knows food tastes better when it's free.

434

Free food is one of the biggest blessings a college student (or any kind of student, really) could ask for.

Just hearing that two word alliteration makes my mouth water in excitement. But, are you prepared for when the next restaurant decides to hand out food? I've compiled a schedule of when and where one can expect to find a snack or meal at a great bargain.

January

1. January 1st: Seeing as people like to go hard in celebration the night before, a few restaurants like to help those in need of recovery and serve free coffee on New Year's Day.

February

2. February 14th: In spirit of Valentine's day, Boston Market will serve a free dessert when you buy a main course, and Starbucks promotes buy-one-get-one free coffees. In case you're feeling a little saucy, Qdoba will BOGO your meal -- if you're willing to kiss someone in line.

3. Fat Tuesday: IHOP honors the holiday and offers a free shortstack of pancakes!

MARCH

4. March 20th: On the first day of Spring, Philadelphia locals can grab a free cup of water ice from Rita's to cool off.

APRIL

5. April 15th: On this day, Cinnabon fans will rejoice, as the bakery offers free Cinnabon Bites. Arby's serves free curly fries, and AMC Theatres will hand out a free small popcorn with the purchase of a movie ticket. After that, you can hit up Kona Ice for a free shaved ice! Heck, on your way home, stop by Great American Cookie for a free sugar cookie!

6. April 18th: Sonic, America's Favorite Drive-In, has a half price discount on cheeseburgers!

7. April 30th: Chipotle hands out free chips and guac! How cool is that?!

8. Don't forget the desert! Ben & Jerry's gives out ice cream on Free Cone Day, which most often takes place in April.

May

9. On Mother's day, treat your mom to some free frozen yogurt at TCBY!

June

10. Do the same for your dad on Father's day!

11. On the first Friday of June, Krispy Kreme gives out free donuts, and Dunkin' Donuts will hand out the same thing at a similar price, with the purchase of a drink.

July

12. July 11th: In honor of National Cow Day, Chic-fil-a serves free chicken to those courageous enough to go out in public dressed as cows. Also on this day, 7/11 Convenience stores offer free slurpees! This day was legitimately made for them!

August

13. Ben & Jerry's glorious ice cream truck makes its way across the country on some dates in August. The truck hits a ton of cities over the summer months, and if you manage to find it, you get a free cone.

September

14. September 19th: On Talk Like A Pirate Day, both Krispy Kreme and Long John Silver's have freebies: free donuts and fish. From their respective restaurants, of course.

15. September 29th: It's National Coffee Day! Most coffee stores will find a way to discount coffee of all sizes, whether they're free or just cheaper.

October

16. October 31st: As if Krispy Kreme needed another day to hand out free snacks, the chain serves free donuts to those who arrive in costume! Taking part in comping food as well, Chipotle offers discounted burritos to costumed customers, too!

November

17. November 3rd: Go to your local Subway for a BOGO deal on subs!

18. November 11th: A bunch of different places offer free meals to current and former soldiers on Veterans Day, including T.G.I. Friday's, Applebee's, Golden Corral, Olive Garden, and Denny's (where the deal is specifically all-you-can-eat pancakes).

Not a veteran? Fred Meyer gives out free coffee and donuts to Black Friday shoppers.

December:

19. December 4th: National Cookie Day is a true time of celebration, and Quiznos and Insomnia Cookies both give out free cookies in the spirit!

I hope this has motivated you to go out and get food for a good price!