Four Reasons Why We Shouldn't Have Class On Friday

1688

Friday: The most anticipated day of the week. The day when all of our hopes and dreams of a carefree night where we don't have to worry about all of the work we haven't done or tests we haven't studied for.

This day is possibly one of the most unproductive days of the week, which is why having class is just a flat out inconvenience and here's why:

1. Unfocused

Let's face it, most people find it hard to focus in class on a daily basis, but if you think Monday through Thursday is hard I can assure you that on Friday if you look around the room most everyone will be preoccupied, sleepy, or on their phones.

2. Pointless

Believe it or not, Fridays are also slacker days for professors too. I know, I know it's pretty hard to believe that your professors are humans too, but they've got to be exhausted for all of us students having the time of our lives in college. Their lectures (especially on Fridays) are painfully boring and almost always irrelevant.

3. Unmotivated

I'm already exhausted and I'm sorry, but waking up for a full day of class just really interferes with my motivation to go out, which is a HUGE problem because I should be able to enjoy my weekend right? Well, not exactly. Since I'm always so drained from a long day of classes, Fridays are always the hardest nights to go out, which sucks because they're always fun and most of the time I end up staying in and falling asleep before 11 pm.

4. The Aftermath: Thirsty Thursday

Yes, but this is definitely a thing. If you choose a night of the week to go out, Thursday should be it. In order to reduce the amount of struggling hungover college students straggling into class, Friday classes need to go. Plus everyone pretty much skips anyways.

So … can we just cancel Friday classes already? Thanks!

—A highly unfocused and unmotivated student writing in her Friday afternoon discussion class.