4 Reasons I Want To Be Annalise Keating

4 Reasons I Want To Be Annalise Keating

She's in charge.

369
4 Reasons I Want To Be Annalise Keating
Georgia State Signal

In all blatant honesty, I want to be Annalise Keating when I grow up. I thought I wanted to be Elle Woods for a long time, though she is white and attended Harvard post-UCLA. Then I dreamed of living like Olivia Pope when "Scandal" sucked me and millions of other people into her world. I still want to be like Olivia to a degree, but that's another ramble for another day. I'll explain why I want to be Annalise Keating so badly.

1. She knew the affair was Sam's fault and made him suffer the consequences. She didn't blame Lila out of denial.

She made sure he knew just how bad he should feel for cheating on her with a student by giving him the same poor treatment that, she'd received at his hand. It's an eye for an eye but it probably felt amazing.

2. She wins at all costs.

Remember the time she made the Hapstall's problems go away by taking a bullet to the stomach? We were all in awe of her tactics -- yet again.

3. She helps others when they need it most.

She went through with helping Nia kill herself even though it upset Nate. (Assisted suicide is a big deal from a legal standpoint. So, to put it on television and as an issue between two women who should hate each other is amazingly progressive for Hollywood.) She helped Rebecca. She helped a serial killer soccer mom and her trans friend who was accused of murder without batting an eye. The last episode mentioned was also a PSA to bring awareness to unfair policing of trans POC, with a spotlight on CeCe McDonald. (She was arrested for self defense because she was trans and black.)

4. Nothing stands in her way.

Annalise successfully evolved from a little girl from Memphis who suffered abuse based-PTSD to a kickass lawyer who helps all people with all problems. She should be a role model to us all, especially for her amazing ability to own a courtroom and not completely screw up her personal relationships (even if she does make mistakes from time to time.)

In case you couldn't tell from the last three points, I want to be a force for positive change, just like Annalise is for her students. She makes them love what they do every day even though it is grueling, dangerous, unforgiving work that rips them away from their personal and social lives 24/7. I want to be a lawyer that ensures people feel safe enough to walk the streets alone despite their skin color, gender or sexual orientation, just like how Annalise does that for her clients and those around her.