Four Players The Boston Celtics Should Trade For

The Celtics are one superstar away from contending with the Warriors and Cavaliers

16
The Boston Globe

The Boston Celtics had a very good off-season this year and people are seeing that they are on the rise to be one of the NBA's best teams. This off-season, they made moves that helped them become better by adding former Hawks center, Al Horford, and former Celtics player, Gerald Green. They also drafted forward Jaylen Brown with the third pick in the draft. Many people are saying that the Celtics are one or two pieces away from contending for a championship. All they need is a superstar they can rely on for scoring. I have a couple of ideas on who the Celtics new franchise player could be. Some could be realistic while some others could be pipe dreams. They have a lot of good pieces, plus the Brooklyn Nets draft pick this year which will be a top five pick and makes it more valuable. With great trade assets, the Celtics are looking for the right trade to pull the trigger on to launch their team to the next level.

1. Anthony Davis

There are currently rumors going around that the former overall number one pick, Anthony Davis, could be traded to the Celtics. With Anthony Davis being in his prime, he might not want to play for a struggling team like the Pelicans. With Davis, the Celtics would be an instant title contenders with one of the best big men in the league. Anthony Davis is putting up monster numbers right now, but his team is still losing. He shouldn't be wasting his prime years playing for a team that is struggling; he should be trying to win a championship with the level he has been playing recently.

2. DeMarcus Cousins

DeMarcus Cousins and the Celtics have been linked to each other for a couple of years now. Cousins is arguably the best center in the league, but he is stuck on the Sacramento Kings, which is also a team that is struggling. Cousins would help the Celtics with their rebounding and scoring problems, as he is excellent at both. Brad Stevens could be the coach that can unlock Boogie's potential which is what his past coaches failed to do. Stevens is one of the best coaches in the league, so Cousins just needs the right coach to make him become even better. With Cousins and Horford, that will give a lot of teams, including the Warriors, trouble with defense and rebounding as they could become the best big man duo in the league.

3. LaMarcus Aldridge

Up next is another big man and his name is LaMarcus Aldridge. In recent reports, LaMarcus Aldridge is unhappy with the Spurs because he believes that he was going to be their franchise player instead of Kawhi, so that could be a reason for LA12 to leave. Aldridge is a good rebounder with an amazing mid-range game as he showed against the Thunder last year in the playoffs. Aldridge would also be a great compliment to Horford as they can both rebound and shoot the ball from anywhere on the court. This duo can stretch the floor as well as post other bigs up and make a play.

4. Paul George

Paul George is one of the best small forwards in the league, as he excels in both offense and defense. George would automatically boost the Celtics scoring and defense easily because he is one of the premier players in the league. Paul George, I believe, is the superstar the Celtics need; he can do almost everything well. He can be the go to scorer the Celtics have been looking for the last couple years considering they have struggled to find that. He would be a great for the team whenever they play the Cavaliers and Lebron James, as he could guard Lebron and score in the clutch. Paul George will be a free agent soon and maybe Boston can be a destination for him.

As the trade deadline approaches, we will see what moves will be made for the Celtics. They could get one of these players or maybe someone else. They can also keep their assets and wait until the off-season to make moves. I predict that the Celtics will wait until the off-season to make a huge move and it will definitely pay off for them.