Forget me not, Sinecerly James

Forget me not, Sinecerly James

A letter to Mary from James

11
Forget me not, Sinecerly James
Unsplash

Beep beep! The horn blew twice before Mary stepped out of the car.

Mary sighed. “Now where is James, I know he hear me blowing on this horn.”

She reached in the back seat of her car, grabbing three brown bags full of groceries then shutting the door back and stumbling in the house with the big bags. She went to the kitchen, placing the bags on the kitchen table.

"James!" Mary shouted. Placing the fruits and meats in the fridge and the can foods in the cabinets. Mary pondered to herself about what she should decide to make for dinner, laying the chicken in the sink, greens on the counter, and taking the box of mac n cheese out the cabinet.

"James, James, James!" Mary shouted leaving the kitchen into the living room. She turned the news on it was about 10 minutes after 5 and the news just came on.

“There will be a 60% chance of rain tonight around 8:00 along with some thunderstorm," the weatherman announced on TV. Mary started to straighten up the living room, pressing the pillows up on the couch, wiping off the coffee tables, sweeping the floor, and dusting. Mary sprayed the air with some lavender air freshener.

She then walked up the steps to the bedroom. “James!” Mary shouted again. “Are you in here?” She walked into their bedroom. “Honey, where are you?” Mary looked around the room and something seemed very different. James' watch was missing and the closet seemed a bit empty without a few of James' clothes. Mary started to breathe heavily. It almost felt like she was going to having a panic attack. Mary was much well confused, since early that morning she talked to James and assured her that he will be home early today for dinner, leaving Mary with a kiss on her cheeks.

Mary sat on the side of the bed near the night stand. There she saw a note lying beside her alarm clock. Mary picked up the note and realize it was a letter from James. She started to read the letter and all you could see was tears running from the side of her face in so much pain. The letter stated:

Dear Mary,

Mary being with you for the last 10 years of my life has been truly amazing. You were my queen, my heart, my life. I could never replace the love that we have had for one another. I will miss your kisses and sweet love. Unfortunately, Mary, I must go. I know you must be devastated, hurt, and alone. All I can replay in my head is the conversation we had this morning when we laughed, smiled, and kissed until later. But I knew this morning would be my last time seeing you. Mary, I have been lying to you for the last 2 years. I was diagnosed with cancer and I will soon be leaving this world. The doctor said there is nothing left to do. I have two weeks left Mary and I don’t want you to see me at my weakest link. You see I have to go Mary. My attorney will be in touch. Mary, when I leave this world I ask that you continue to live your life. Find someone to make you happy, someone that will cherish you as much as I did, and find happiness not only within yourself but in the world. I couldn’t have asked God for a better blessing than spending my last life with you. I love you, Mary Booker. Forget me not Mary, I will spend the rest of my days loving you and praying for you. Sorry I left without saying goodbye. I meant more good than harm when I made this decision. I just ask that you find it in your heart to forgive me.

Sincerely,

James