For The Best Friend That's Staying Forever

I'm so happy I get to do life with you.

30
Baylor Chastant

Some friends come and go. You get really close in high school and then lose touch afterwards. Or you get into a huge fight that ruins your friendship for good. But if you're as lucky as me, and have a best friend you know is going to be forever, let her know how thankful you truly are.

You the bomb, best friend.

I really am so grateful that you came into my life. Whether it be getting Popeye's for lunch every day or trying to start our diets that probably won't last a week, we do it together. I couldn't imagine not having you by my side.

I know I can tell you anything, or not tell you anything. You don't judge me when I overreact and get into a fight with my boyfriend, and don't get mad when I just don't want to talk about whatever is wrong. You tell me what I need to hear, maybe not what I want to hear, but that's a good thing. You like every boy I love, and hate them even more than I do when we breakup. I don't ever have to worry about you being fake behind my back; I know you got me and I got you.

You've been my partner any time we needed one in high school classes, my amiga on our trip to Spain, my photographer when I need a good picture taken (because everyone really sucks at taking pictures), my sneaky friend when it's time to do hood rat stuff, my secret keeper when I just needed to tell someone, my ride to Sonic when it's super late and all I want is a chocolate milkshake, my brothers' second little sister, my caption creator when my juices aren't flowing well, my favorite person to call when I have tea, my workout buddy when we realize summer is getting way too close, my #1 fan when I have any kind of performance, my roommate when we found out sleeping over on school nights in high school is fun, my person to lean on when I can't take it anymore, my study supporter when it's 2 am during finals week and we have so much to do with not enough time to do it, my "person" as you Grey's Anatomy enthusiast would like to say, and just my go to gal. You're my best friend. You'll be my maid of honor on my wedding day, the nanny of my cute kids, and the little old lady I'll be sitting next to in the nursing home competitively playing bingo against.

Thank you for everything you've done for me these last few years. You've been my shoulder to cry on for three heartbreaks now. You've brought me white cherry Icees when I was sick and took care of me when I got my tonsils taken out. You've been my mom when she's not around, and I've been yours when you can't get your life together. You've opened my eyes to the way some people really are; you've reminded me of the way I deserve to be treated. You've kept me in line when I started to go off path, and you've brought so much positivity into my life. You've taught me to be a better person, and there's not enough bold text in the world to emphasize that.

Thank you for being my best friend, through high school, college, and life in general. Thank you for not giving up on me when I'm mean to you or when we don't agree. Thank you for always answering my calls, no matter the time of night, and being there for me no matter what. Thank you for being the best best friend possible.

Some friends are for a reason, some are for a season, but I know you are for a lifetime. Thank you for being my best friend forever. I know you're not going anywhere, and neither am I.