For My Girls

For My Girls

You're my people, and I am thankful.

5
For My Girls
College Mag

I hope by now that you are aware of how much you mean to me. If you aren't, I am a failure of a friend. There have been so many "wow" moments where I say to myself, "Wow. I am so glad they are one of my best friends." Here are just a few things that I am forever thankful for in our friendships:

1. You are always down to get food, even if you aren't hungry.

Mexican food, ice cream, french fries, wings, granola bars...

2. You are always there to listen (usually over text) to my rants and emotional breakdowns.

This one is huge. I am over-emotional in every emotion. Thanks for keeping my head on straight.

3. You don't bail on me when I take my shoes off and sometimes my feet stink. Sorry. Boys, girls have stinky feet, too.

Sometimes your feet stink, too. I deal. You deal. If we stop being friends over stinky feet, what was our friendship glue even made of?

4. You always turn the radio up really loud and make me dance.

Every kind of music, any time of day, no matter who else is in the vehicle. I love it when you sing to the random people in passing cars.

5. You think I'm funny, when I am not.

Everyone knows my jokes aren't funny. Usually, I'm not trying to be funny, I am just blunt and dramatic. I'm not sorry, you're stuck with me.

6. You accept my weirdness, and let it fuel yours.

I was nervous to be weird around you at first, but you let your weirdness show just a little, and I lit up. Our friendship is founded on weird inside jokes and oddly amusing things.

7. You ask me to hold you accountable for something, yet still go against my accountability for you.

Some examples being working out, eating less potatoes (french fries, especially), attitude checks...

8. You love me every day, good and bad.

No matter how wonderful or horrible our days are going, you love me endlessly through every single one. Without you and your encouragement, bad jokes, and sometimes questionable advice, I would be a bigger mess than I am now.

Thank you, for making my mess a little smaller every day. I love you today, tomorrow, and forever. Whenever my big day comes, expect to be standing next to me. You are my soul sisters, because there's no way my mom couldn't handle two of me.