For My Forever Friends

For My Forever Friends

I never told you...

5
For My Forever Friends
Britney Lynn Frye

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that God specifically places people in your life. You were no exception. I did not find you by luck, you were meant for me.

To my childhood friends: you were the first of the many blessings I've received in my life. You gave me families to belong to other than my own. We have grown together, but never apart despite the distance we thought we'd never have to face. But distance never changed us. We have always picked up right where we left off. That is the beautiful thing about you two; time hasn't changed you. You know me to my very core. You know my next move, before I even do. After 14 years of the strongest friendship I have ever known, I am proud to not only call you my very best friends, but also better half, and my family.

To my high school friends: there was not a lot of consistency during high school years except for you. We had a late start in finding each other but you took me in, and changed my life in ways I never imagined you could. You showed me true happiness through God. You helped me find my way in this amazing life when I had been lost for so long. I will never forget the way you have lifted me up when I felt as if I were six feet under the ground. We may be in our 20s now, but I will never stop looking up to you. I will always cherish your guidance. You three are the epitome of the woman I hope to someday be.

To my college friends: I found my niche in you. You broke me out of my shell and showed me what it truly means to be myself. You accepted me with all of my imperfections, and welcomed me with arms wide open.You haven given me something to look forward to. Each and every one have you have helped me laugh a little harder, smile a littler bigger, and live a little bit better. Our journey has been the shortest, but it has already been so wondrous. Your acceptance has given me a newfound courage, and is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.

Finally, I want to say thank you. Thank you for the laughter and the tears. The 3 a.m. phone calls when I had too much on my mind. For taking my side even when I was wrong. For protecting me. For accepting me into your families. For the encouragement to pursue my dreams. For all the crazy sleepless nights. And for the endless adventures that have brought me the happiest moments in my life.

Along the way I have found a piece of myself within each of you, and I have found that sometimes your friends can be your soulmates too. I am so incredibly grateful for the forever friends I have found in you.