When The FOMO Is Just A Little Too Real

When The FOMO Is Just A Little Too Real

Ways to cope when your friends are having fun without you

7
When The FOMO Is Just A Little Too Real
Fiona Morrison

If you have great friends that are incredibly important to you, are down to do anything and treat you right- you've pretty much won the lottery. Our friends are the most consistent people we have in our lives and when they do just about anything without you, then you definitely have FOMO. For those of you who don't know this acronym, it's the Fear Of Missing Out.

It's a strange concept because of course, you want your friends to go out and have the time of their lives but this little envious part of you will always wish they waited for you. Sometimes you can't make every party or event and then the FOMO sets in. When your friends are doing something without you, just keep in mind a few things:

1. If you don't want to see it, don't go on social media

Everyone posts their every move on social media, and you know that. Don't look on these platforms if you know that there's something going on that you're missing out on.

2. There will be more opportunities that you'll get to join in on

It's summertime, there's always something to do! Just because you missed this round of activities doesn't mean there won't ever be another fun day. Be patient!

3. They're still your best friends

These people are in your life for a reason so don't think that your relationship is going to change because of missing a night out. Just because each day is different doesn't mean your friends are any different.

4. Be happy they're having a good time

Your friends happiness should be just as important to you as yours is. Let them go out and have fun, they deserve it! You'll be going out and having fun together soon enough.

5. You're not replaceable

If your friends get new friends, it doesn't mean that they're instantly better than you. You still hold a place in your friends heart so don't stress about things that aren't real!

6. Don't be jealous

If you are, keep it to yourself. It's no fun to have someone nagging you about how jealous they are. It can ruin things so keep it to yourself or just try to avoid it all together.

7. Think of how exciting it'll be to be all together again

Reunions are the best, regardless of the time spent apart. Get excited and look forward to hanging out all together again because that's when you're all at your best.