I Followed My Boyfriend To College And I Don't Regret It
relationships

Although, not every day at JSU has been great. Looking back, these last two years have been the best years of my life.

107
Couple
Raven Bowman

When I was a junior in high school I was set on attending the local community college. My boyfriend was set on going to a college about three hours away, Jacksonville State University. He tried to convince me to attend JSU with him, but I was determined to stick with my decision on attending the local community college. It was cheaper and I would be able to stay with my family.

Eventually, I toured JSU with him one day.

The next day, I applied to attend JSU.

My family was understandably a little upset as I all of the sudden decided to go to JSU. It was expensive and I was going to be away from home.

I have grown so much. I have formed my own opinions on subjects that are important to me. I am able to be myself all of the time without worrying if I am being compared to other family members by the locals.

While being at JSU, I have accomplished so many things I never thought I could do. I have moved into an apartment with my boyfriend of (almost) five years. I am the president of Odyssey at JSU. I have made A's and B's throughout my college career. I have made A's in classes that people told me were going to be hard and impossible to pass.

I went from being that shy girl in high school to someone who will stand up for herself and loved ones.

While being at JSU, I have learned to embrace what makes me different. I am no longer trying to hide that I like certain things. I know who I am.

I know that I would do anything for my family and friends. I know that I am obsessed with Grey's Anatomy and BB8. I know my opinions and I am not afraid to disagree with you. I love taking photographs of things that make me happy. I love my major and I absolutely can not wait to dive deeper and take more challenging classes. I love writing articles every week.

I am more involved on campus than I ever was in high school. I do things that I want to do. I like to do things that can help me grow as a person.

I know if I don't like something, I will stop doing it.