Follow the Light of the Moon
Food Drink

Follow the Light of the Moon

…and the smell of delicious cookies

246
Follow the Light of the Moon

Insomnia Cookies, founded in 2003 at the University of Pennsylvania, is a bakery chain made by college students, for college students. Actually starting in a tiny dorm, there are now over 130 locations and still more to come across the country, as everyone loves a nice, fresh-baked cookie at 2 AM. Another reason why Insomnia Cookies is so popular is their late-night hours and consistent delivery service, with cookies still hot and ready at all hours! Not limited to just cookies, they also offer cookie cakes, brownies, and some milk to dip it in if you so desire.

Insomnia Cookies is a small brand becoming bigger each year, but what's so charming is the small store it requires. Needing only a kitchen, the store on Court Street in Athens, Ohio is practically a hole in the wall. Serving hundreds a day, you'll often have to wait for some fresh baked cookies but it's entirely worth it. Gooey deliciousness, there are a variety of flavors to choose from which begs you to come back and try them all. Popular flavors being triple chocolate chunk and s'mores, it's good to get them in advance before partying for a nice treat to top off drunk munchies.

Not overpriced, the light of the cookie-turned moon is a delight to many stumbling back to their respective greens or apartment. Friendly service and staff, it's a chill environment in their small abode. When you bite into an Insomnia cookie, you're overwhelmed with the warm goodness that is a fresh cookie and the deliciousness of their signature recipe, because these aren't your mama's cookies. Not by a long shot.