disrespecting the american flag
Politics

Dear Leftist America, Stop Demonizing flags and Have Some National Pride

America's symbols of freedom and reverence are being disgraced by the radical left and devalued by the alt-right.

111
personal photo

Don't Tread On Me, Come And Take It, The Confederate Flag, The American Flag, and the Swastika, are all oppressive symbols of those who choose to be on the wrong side of history. They breathe hate. They brand themselves with these deplorable images like they're cattle. They are stuck in the past. All they want is to feel the nostalgia for the days of the Confederacy, to relive the Nazis' white supremacy, and to make America great again (like it ever was).

It is necessary that the public know what those flags and emblems represent so that citizens can take it upon themselves to subdue any attempt of a Republican to suppress others with hate.

It seems shocking that someone would speak of the American flag with as much contempt as the Nazi flag, but that is not a stretch from what a far leftist would actually say. They have chosen to vilify the strongest symbol of freedom in the world, but why? Why would an American disgrace the American flag? Or for that matter why would anyone choose to make any symbol of freedom a symbol of evil just for the sake of it?

Is their hatred of the opposing political party so strong that they must not even look upon anything of their opposition's nature? Well, the party of all-inclusiveness surely can't possess that much hate... So what can these flags represent that is can draw so much contempt from one side of the aisle, but be so loved by the other?

The Gadsen flag is bright yellow with a coiled timber rattler sitting above the phrase "don't tread on me." It was first flown by American Marines during the American Revolution. It is a fairly self-explanatory flag. I have a very good understanding of its meaning having nearly stepped on a rattlesnake while hiking a few years back.

The marines were sending a warning to British ships to stop raiding the American supply ships or get "bit" with cannons. It is a defensive flag. You attack me you will be lucky to limp away. This cannot even be translated to be representative of American imperialism because it was used in a war to defeat an empire. It is a patriotic flag that radicals vilify just looking for a fight.

Diamondback Rattlesnake

Come and Take It was a phrase used by Georgians during the revolutionary war, but made famous by the Texans at Gonzales. It is no secret that it is a rally flag for second amendment activists, so it is understandable why leftist do not care for this one. However, it is not clear to me why it is vilified to such an extent.

Remove the cannon and put planned parenthood emblem or a rainbow and voila the left has a flag they can wave. And since the right is often called fascist allow me to point out that the fascist Nazis seized weapons and wouldn't allow Jews to even own a knife (cough Mayor Khan cough)

Okay, so the Confederate flag is often associated with those hick southerners that want life back to pre-civil war times. Fun fact, the south was controlled by Democrats when the war broke out. Oh, but the parties flipped and Democrats became the "liberal party". Find me a date or time period and leave a comment and I'll refute it.

The only reasons this flag is still significant is because it represents rebelliousness and it looks so cool. I think most will agree that the country bearing these colors was wrong and it was good they lost the war. I am a conservative and I think slavery was a bad thing (I know... It's shocking).

The swastika shouldn't be associated with the right. Or if people choose to put it on the right they must also put it on the left because for the racists on the right (whom we denounce) there are Socialists on the left and Nazi means National SOCIALIST German Workers Party. So going back to the last paragraph I guess the left has a flag as well.

This flag does have a truly evil meaning and neither party should be associated with it, but sadly there are fools on the alt-right that embrace it leaving the Cruz supporters and good-hearted middle Americans tainted with their stupidity.

So it is understandable why the swastika is bad (denounced by the right as well), the Confederate flag is bad, and since libs hate guns it makes sense that they do not like the come and take it flag; however, a faction of the left also has a beef with Ole Glory. Those that do are the same people that say the constitution is the foundation of institutional patriarchy. They are allowed to hold hatred against the stars and stripes, but it is foolish of them to do so.

America is the only country with truly free speech, which sadly allows people to disgrace the flag. Yes America imprisoned Japanese Americans in World War II, America fought with native tribes and forced them to submit, and Americans have committed atrocities overseas, but every nation has its own trail of destruction.

It is what comes out of the dark times that forge the nation's new image. Japan is no longer an empire, the sun has set on the British empire, India is surging out of the dark ages, and America is still recognized as the icon of liberty despite its past because of the ideas it has spread and the gifts it has given to the world.

People choose to hate the American flag because it represents a higher morality; life is sacred, effort brings about economic movement, and everyone is equal in the eyes of the law. It is not a fascist symbol, in fact, it has waged war against fascists. Seems counterproductive.

There are those on each side of the political spectrum that cannot bear the sight of the opposition; however, blanket statements like fascists or communists do not help in bringing people together. It is also not a good move to call patriotic icons symbols of fascism when they are not.

Hitler and Jefferson Davis aside the people who made these flags fought for their own rights and liberties in order that those same rights may be passed on to future generations. Those rights were given to all Americans so every American should at the very least revere Ole Glory. It is a rallying point for Americans and whether you have national pride or not. Keep our flag sacred.

<a style="background-color:black;color:white;text-decoration:none;padding:4px 6px;font-family:-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "San Francisco", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Ubuntu, Roboto, Noto, "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;f